•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Question I think I know the answer to.

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Ok, so my buddy bought an 04 Xploder recently, and wants to lift it. I told him that is probably not a good idea if its even possible with the independent rear end. Anyone else try this or have any ideas on the matter? I was looking at it strictly as the poor bastard who'd probably have to go and try to align the thing afterwards.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
i have an idea that that is a bad idea....well not bad, but expensive. i bet a lift kit for that car would be in the thousands. not to mention that he has to pay someone to put it on, which would also probably cost over a thousand. and, you still havent put tires and wheels on it. after all that, how well is it really gonna do off-road?

in my mind you could have a CJ on 40's with a 460 and D60's front and rear and drive anywhere you wanted for the same money.

but hey, it's his $$$$$$$

kolton

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
X2 and at least you can make a CJ look cool.

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Yeah, thats more or less what I told him. Even if it's possible its not worth it. He is one of those moron's that thinks he knows better than me, even though I went to school for auto tech, and specifically through Ford's tech program, and he finished high school and started hitting the bottle the next day.

kolton

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
everyone is like that at somepoint, luckily for me i was 5 at the time. at least your there to make sure he dosent fkup and kill himself.

i love your signature by the way, funny stuff