•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Racing seats?

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
I've been looking at those summit brand rancing seats. U know the universal leather look ones. Well I'm wondering has anyone mounted them to the factory sliders or seat brackets? Ivee seen a few b2s with them but couldn't find anything on how they mounted them. Pics or a write up would be awesome

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Article Contributor
Reaction score
I've been thinking the same thing for mine.

I'd like to have these:

If you do it let me know.

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
I mounted the plastic type [real] racing seats to my ranger brackets, then found out that was illegal in my class. Never the less, it was easy to do with some flat 1/8" plate cut to size and a drill. Mount plate to seat, then mount plate to brackets, or vice-versa. If you've done any fab work this is easy.

Richard

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
Yea jim that's the ones I want except black. So I guess ill order em and figure out how to mount them up. Flat stock with holes drilled seems simple enough

superds

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84 90 2013
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8/2.9/5.0
Totally off topic, but Dealer, I see you're planning a 1" body lift. Did you find someone that makes a 1" kit or are you making custom spacers? I'd like a small body lift on my Ranger but don't want to do the 3" kit that's available, it seems overkill for what I want.

Tony Raine

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Totally off topic, but Dealer, I see you're planning a 1" body lift. Did you find someone that makes a 1" kit or are you making custom spacers? I'd like a small body lift on my Ranger but don't want to do the 3" kit that's available, it seems overkill for what I want.
performance accessories sells 1, 2, and 3 inch pucks individually for a really good price :icon_thumby:

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
Performance accesories sell 1" blocks, or u can use hockey pucks. U will need longer bolts, but other then that nothing else needs tending to

superds

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84 90 2013
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8/2.9/5.0
Ok, thanks to both of you. I never really thought of buying the indvidual spacers/blocks. I'd just only really looked at kits (and not exhaustively) and it seemed like I had never seen anything less than 3".

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Ok, thanks to both of you. I never really thought of buying the indvidual spacers/blocks. I'd just only really looked at kits (and not exhaustively) and it seemed like I had never seen anything less than 3".
There is also 2" kits available from Performance Accessories... But if you only want to do 1", its hard to beat the 99c cost of a hockey puck.