•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Rain getting inside the cab

87B2_4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
The tropical storms revealed that rain gets into the cab of my B2. Taping up the vents behind the hood and the windshield wiper holes stopped the problem, but this is not a permanent solution. Any ideas about a cause or the cost to repair?

Thanks

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Tear the dash and air box out and run a garden hose over the windshield until you can see excatly where the water is coming in. These older ones have a tendancy to rot out around the bottom of the windshield and let water in. Sometimes you just need to have the glass resealed, sometimes you need metal work. Can't know which until you tear the dash out.

MrE_Powers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
i notice this with my 84 that when i replaced the door rubber. no more water was getting in even when i put the hose on full blast let alone rain

87B2_4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Thanks for the info. Not sure what the airbox is, but it looks like it will come out.

No tape on the windshield, only the vents. Since the leaks have stopped my guess is rotten metal instead of rotten rubber. That sounds pricey. I have a '75 BMW motorcycle for sale, maybe that will cover the cost.