•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Rancho lift on B2

B2dangerous

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I just picked up a 89 ford ranger to use the lift and tires for my B2. The lift is a Rancho brand that apears to be about a 3 inch lift. I just read in the lift install instructions not to use on the Bronco II. I assumed that the ranger and B2 would use the same lift up front so I guess my question is, can it be used on the bronco? Thanks

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
I just picked up a 89 ford ranger to use the lift and tires for my B2. The lift is a Rancho brand that apears to be about a 3 inch lift. I just read in the lift install instructions not to use on the Bronco II. I assumed that the ranger and B2 would use the same lift up front so I guess my question is, can it be used on the bronco? Thanks
I would be in some deep trouble if it did not work. I have been wheeling on my rancho lift with jeep coils for going on a year without failure.

B2dangerous

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I wonder why the Rancho instructions say not to use on the Bronco II? A friend from work had a 89 Ranger that the engine caught fire and ruined everything under the hood.He had just put 4 new Super Swampers on so I was able to get the truck with lift and tires pretty reasonable. Thanks for the response so quick.

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
I wonder why the Rancho instructions say not to use on the Bronco II? A friend from work had a 89 Ranger that the engine caught fire and ruined everything under the hood.He had just put 4 new Super Swampers on so I was able to get the truck with lift and tires pretty reasonable. Thanks for the response so quick.
The b2s back in there years of production and the years following were known for having SERIOUS rollover issues so in an attempt to shield themselves from legal suits they just said not to put them on b2s. I have run the lift in question without trouble, proper plating of the lift brackets and regular inspection has shown the lift to hold up just fine.

4x4junkie

Mall-Rated
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
There's no serious rollover problem, the BII is right inline with most vehicles of it's type. The BII was just a(nother) victim of the rollover slam-fest perpetuated by lawyers and the media following the (much worse) Suzuki Samurai and Jeep CJ cases (even Consumer Reports... known for repeatedly slamming on domestic vehicle makes ...couldn't roll the BII, although they were able to get it to lift two wheels at times).

Anyway, Rancho thought at the time they would try to avoid the perceived threat of massive lawsuits by stating that it not be used on BIIs (this at the very same time they were selling lifts for the above Samurai and CJ too :rolleyes: ).