•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

ranger drive shaft in a BII

Renny_D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Hi the CV portion of the drive shaft in my b2 broke yesterday. I'm hoping to head to the JY today and find another b2 but if there isn't one is there a ranger d/s that would work? Is the ranger ds also two piece and if so could I pull a ranger ds appart and take just the cv section? FYI 84 b2 manual.

Thanks
Renny

PlumCrazy

Solid Axle Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
We used a front double cardan shaft from a 93-97 Ranger in the rear of the B2. Just need to get the front T case yoke from the shaft donor truck and swap it for the flange on the B2 case.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

PlumCrazy

Solid Axle Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford

Im assuming you mean rear shaft. The fronts are the same a Rangers of the same vintage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Ranger's never used a CV drive shaft.

Renny_D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
was the cardan portion that broke but I got lucky and to B2s were in the JY this week. The interesting thing is I think one of them also had the duraspark conversion done as it had an EGR block off plate and distict lack of wiring to the carb.... Didn't have time to take a closer look but if its there next time I will.

Thanks for the suggestions.

BTW there was a B2 in there with CV joints front and rear on the rear driveshaft. It was an 88 I think it said.

thanks again

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
BTW there was a B2 in there with CV joints front and rear on the rear driveshaft. It was an 88 I think it said.
Yeah, that style was pretty standard for the last half of it's production. A pretty crappy design, and not easy to work on. If you have the U-joint style you are a lucky SOB.