•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Ranger Suspension lift on 86 B2?

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
I am looking to lift the B2 when tax season comes around and I am researching different lift kits. In the parts section here there are the different lift kits and I was looking at the suspension lifts for the rangers. Will a lift kit for a 89+ ranger fit on my Bronco? I know the majority of the parts are interchangeable but not sure about the lift kits. I am extremely interested in the 5.5 inch lift kit for $685. My B2 is a 86.

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
All the same stuff. 83-97 Ranger and BII.

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Thats great news I have been eyeing this kit for the past month or so hoping it would fit. Now instead of the 4 inch lift I am going to get this 5.5 inch lift! :headbang:

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
has anyone had any experience with the 5.5" superlift? I am just curious if it is any better than the rough country lift. I read on here that it is difficult to use the 4" rough country lift because it will limit your flex because of the bigger size axle housing. Will the 5.5" be better for the flex?

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Also, you are aware of the driveshaft issues you will encounter lifting more than about 2 inches, right?

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
I am hoping when you say drive shaft issues you are only referring to getting it lengthened? I heard that with the d35 swap you have to get your front drive shaft shortened so i hope when i lift it it will work out that i only have to get a little bit added.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
BIGGER
I am hoping when you say drive shaft issues you are only referring to getting it lengthened? I heard that with the d35 swap you have to get your front drive shaft shortened so i hope when i lift it it will work out that i only have to get a little bit added.
yeah its workable like that.

the super lift with the 1100 type passenger bracket is fine, not sure if they have a setup with the drop plate or not anymore...dont get a passenger side drop plate kit and a d35. r/c and bds still offer those.

if you build some custom arms the base kit can be a great deal.
rear springs are pricey though.

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Yeah, that's what I was talking about.

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Whats the easiest way fo lift the back? F150 springs?