•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Rare options , rear flip up window on a 87.

shadetreebronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I was looking at the articles and saw that the rear flip up window was a early option , I have one on my 87 , and it is listed on the original window sticker.
I will post some pic's soon , I just replaced the struts on it yesterday .

3rd Petal

Reaction score
I don't think they are that rare, my 87 has one too, and I've seen quite a few other B2's with them

ab_slack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
My 87 has one too. I don't know for sure if it is original. A couple years ago someone was telling they never came on 87 someone must have swapped it.

But if you have the factory window sticker and it lists it as having it stock that is pretty good evidence. Can you scan and post of pic of that window sticker so the debate about it being available from the factory in 87 can be put to rest?

By the way, I have an 87 BII sales brochure and it lists "flip open rear window" as an option (standard in one XLT package and one Eddie Bauer package), but someone was telling me that wasn't the rear liftgate window. That it was the ones on the sides in the rear. I dunno, I never seen any where the rear side windows could be opened even a couple inches.

Last edited:

shadetreebronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
The window sticker says "PREFERRED EQUIPMENT PKG 931"
It is a XLT and the option is listed as"FLIP OPEN REAR WINDOWS INC "
So i guess it was included in the XLT package , I don't have the side windows that remove. Lets see if i can get a pic posted .

shadetreebronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Years ago i had a friend who owned a BII I forget what year but when he hit the signal light , a small rectangular light on the bottom of the front fender would come on so you can see into the turn.
I thought that that was cool and remember wanting to add them to my 75.

kayakcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I know 2 out of the 3 I've owned had a flip up window. My current 89 did but the handle was all messed up due to busted fiberglass on the back hatch

Good excuse to chop!

ab_slack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
The window sticker says "PREFERRED EQUIPMENT PKG 931"
It is a XLT and the option is listed as"FLIP OPEN REAR WINDOWS INC "
So i guess it was included in the XLT package , I don't have the side windows that remove. Lets see if i can get a pic posted .
Yes, according to my brochure it is included with the 931A XLT package and the 933A Eddie Bauer package.

It can also be gotten as an option on the 920A and 921A XL packages as well as an option with the 922A XLT package.

Interestingly enough it is not included and not available as an option with the 930A XLT package or the 934A Eddie Bauer package.

My 87 is an XL so if it came from the factory it was included as an option rather than as an XL.

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Article Contributor
Reaction score
My '84 has one. I love it. It's definitely and option I'd want to find if I was searching for a used Bronco II.