•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Rear Bucket Seats in 86 B2?

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Just read that article about options for the b2 that were never produced and has anyone ever thought about putting bucket seats in the back to replace the bench? Sitting here thinking bout it it sounded kinda neat and just wondering if anyone else might have tried it or if anyone has any information that won't allow bucket seats in the rear. This is just a crazy maybe project just curious on falls opinion

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Anything is possible.

If you got some Explorer front seats it might work, but they will be tight. Probably hurt rear window visibility if you don't trim the head rests down.

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
well i was considering taking the front two seats in my truck.. they dont have head rest and they are pretty short seats and look exactly like the back seats just not connected.. I was thinking bout putting the bucket seats in the back and then make a custom centor console to put between them... but that is a towards the end of the list I got to get it running like new before i get it looking like new :icon_cheers:

TexCaliBII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I know there was a rare option for a factory BII w/ rear buckets. I'd love to see the brackets that make them fit. I've somewhere seen a pic of them installed but not of how they were attached......

buzz88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L
Saw the factory back seat buckets in a JYard years ago, thought they were cool then and before I knew how rare they were or i would've pulled them. rare color too, black with orange and white trim and stripes and each seat had a zipped pouch as part of it on the back, they were basically like the front seats from what I remember..