•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

riveting in floor pans???

chrwilkins30

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Is this even a good idea. have a HF welder but i burn through thin sheet metal.

This is for the driver side from the front seat mount forward.

I was thinking leave a 1in over lap on the panel and rivet every 1 1/2 inches apart and then use seam sealer over the edges and finish out with paint.

What do you think?

EDIT: I read about some kind of body adhesive that is "possibly" stronger. What is everyones opinion on this and what is a good kind and a place to buy it.?

Last edited:

Vanner1993

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Well if the holes are not to bad then you should be fine even tho welding would be better. I did that on my floor but the driver side had very large holes haha. I coated it with undercoating after. When Im wheelin and the frame flexes it feel like the floor is gonna fall out because of the no real support.

unoleisu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I personally would weld it if there's any way you can. I had a 70 Bronco that somebody riveted patches in the floor, and the passanger side dropped out when I was wheeling once. Scared the $#!+ out of my buddy, that was with me. (sissy).
You get a better veiw of the rocks under you that way.

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
With a full frame the floor isn't "as" important on a B2, but mu suggestion would be to just get better at welding. I used to teach welding and you just need more practice. It can be done.