•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

rough country 4in lift

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Vehicle
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
is it worthy? i have dibs on one brand new for 300 shipped. if i want it. everything looks like its good.

michowski

Reaction score
Its a really stiff ride and going over pot holes and cracks in the road gets annoying really fast.

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Vehicle
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
is the stiff ride because of the front coils? or the back leafs?

michowski

Reaction score
both. The rear leafs they give ya are from superlift and there heavy duty leafs. Right now I need at least 500lbs in the bed before it even starts to move lol. The front coils are not super stiff like the rear but it definatly doesnt give ya that floating over rutts and holes feel. You definatly will feel every one lol. Its not bad at all if the streets are new and smooth but if theres a lot of pot holes and junk then I would look else way. Possibly peicing together your own lift.

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Vehicle
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
both. The rear leafs they give ya are from superlift and there heavy duty leafs. Right now I need at least 500lbs in the bed before it even starts to move lol. The front coils are not super stiff like the rear but it definatly doesnt give ya that floating over rutts and holes feel. You definatly will feel every one lol. Its not bad at all if the streets are new and smooth but if theres a lot of pot holes and junk then I would look else way. Possibly peicing together your own lift.
hmm. interesting, so it sounds like its not gonna flex like i want it too...

michowski

Reaction score
My guess is no. Ive had the lift for a month or 2 now and it doesnt seem very flexible at all. Im sure it would be fine for just trails but when you start having to climb I dont see it being good at it. Im peicing together a skyjacker class 2 lift now. Il have the softride springs, extreme pitman arm monday. Next week the brackets, then the softride leafs. Stick with skyjacker man.

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Vehicle
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
ya looks like skyjacker is the way to go. wish i could afford gas for a trip to cali. someone has a 6in class II with five 32's on wheels.... but i just cant justify it... damn...

ok looking for a skyjacker 4in i guess

michowski

Reaction score
If you dont wanna spend the money all at once on there kit, you can go to www.4wheelparts.com and order what you can when the money's there and get free shipping on just about anything. Even to ship the skyjacker softride leaf springs (pair) its only 22 bucks from them lol. How they get shipping so incredibly low is beyond me. Definatly get the class 2 kit or parts. I really wish I would of went with my gut before and just bought the skyjacker instead of rough country.

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Vehicle
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
ohhh nice. so you personally wish you wouldda bought the RC? i'll look into that site and see. i think i got a new set of 33's on the way. so its time i get lifted so i can fit them and hit smasher canyon!!!!

michowski

Reaction score
I wish I woulda just went with skyjacker over rough country.

Sprag-O

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
If I could have afforded it at the time, I would have gone Skyjacker, not RC...

I have the 4" kit in my 2.3 2wd.. only been driven for about a month, but been lifted since last year...

Coils have settled a little, and the rides not as bad as it was. Its better then it was stock for me :)

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Vehicle
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
ok just to double check myself... a lift kit for a 83-97 ranger 4wd will fit right up with my 87 b2 4wd right?

looks like i'll start cheap, and with a paycheck or two i'll get the softride SJ leafs. then the coils...

4x4junkie

Mall-Rated
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Yeah, Ranger 4WD/BII is interchangeable.

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
ya looks like skyjacker is the way to go. wish i could afford gas for a trip to cali. someone has a 6in class II with five 32's on wheels.... but i just cant justify it... damn...

ok looking for a skyjacker 4in i guess
haha i just saw that add in my local craigs list

88mudder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
goodluck flexing Skyjacker springs on the TTB...Jeep coils is the way to go if you want flex.

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I have a rough country 4" and thought it was my stock radius arms that wre holding back the flex so I got the skyjacker ones and still dosen't allow any flex cause the coils are so stiff, even with the sway bar removed. Definetly go with a skyjacker. Like 88 mudder said though and from what I have seen in the suspension forums the skyjackers are ok but if you really want to flex get a set of skyjacker coils for an XJ i am looking at the 6" set cause they are soft enough an will settle to around 5" and should still be able to align it with the 4" brackets. Thats my 2 cents