•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

rubicon express coils

sawzall

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
2.8 duraspark
So I have been doing some reading about the different coils to replace my very stiff front coils on my ttb front end on my bronco II.
I am running a 4" lift wth superlift radius arms with tuff country drop brackets and coils, I was going to run a rancho 3" lift coil pn#6423 but i think i want to run a rubicon express spring that is 19" in length and is 241 ppi pn#RE1300and i was wondering what kind of experience you guys have in this and seeing if buying the better coil would probaly give me a better ride but i did not want to go taller with my current lift.

4x4junkie

Mall-Rated
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
I don't think that coil will be tall enough for 4" lift on your BII.
You'll need a coil closer to 21" or so.

Avoid Rancho like the plague though, mine didn't hold up well at all.

sawzall

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
2.8 duraspark
So checking back in after a little bit of trial and error, well lots of error! I have came to the conclusion that the rubicon spring was to low of PPI.

The spring i have been running was the Rubicon 7.5" Cherokee spring, The ride height was perfect with my ballistic fab adjustable spring buckets but there were other problems.

When decelerating my front end would dive which caused really negative camber and when accelerating the front end would rise and cause bad positive camber, i fixed the accelerating issue with a limiting cable set up just like 4x4junkies.
But the decelerate problem i think is only going to be solved with a little stiffer spring! I am just going to put the super lift stiff as hell springs back in and sell of the Rubicon springs and pick up a set of the skyjacker jc60f! :icon_idea:

Then build a home made super runner steering with a few used parts i have been gathering up at the shop!:headbang:

ThatGuy

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Your steering will fix the jack and squat. Went through the same thing when I switched. Fix your steering first

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
x2, mad toe change. get your steering as level as u can, might can work with an extreme drop pitman arm

EDIT: RE shit is good, minimal sag and built for heavy offroading

Last edited:

4x4junkie

Mall-Rated
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
But the decelerate problem i think is only going to be solved with a little stiffer spring!
Nope.

Like the others already said, get on with that Superrunner setup and watch that excessive jacking & diving *magically* go away!

(and don't put it like Stupidlift did... put the centerlink where it belongs so your tierods are directly in front of your beam pivots)

Last edited:

sawzall

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
2.8 duraspark
:beer: well thanks guys! sounds like i need to fab up a some properly working steering...
But for right know i think i am going to put the stiff ass springs in until i can build it. i am tearing up my swampers.:bawling:

But what you guys are saying makes sense, :icon_welder: i will keep posted on what works!