•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Sheet Metal Interior Panels

Blake.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Engine Size
Has anyone replaced the plastics with sheet metal? i dont mean just the doors. I'm talking about the walls too I want to make the interior as durable as possible. I don't want to just take out the stock interior and leave it. i want it to have something resembling a finished look lol i'm just really looking to cover up the holes.

so if anyone has done this or anyone have pics of this post up!

thanks
Blake.

Blake.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Engine Size
yeah i've seen doors done before. i really was looking for the rear area. i guess it's the same concept though.
rough cut then trim it to fit.
just tryin to see what it'd look like and see if anyone else has done the whole interior that way.
not just the doors.

what i'd actually like to do is smooth it all in and make a seamless interior. but i dont have the patients for that haha.

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
i think it would be awesome... i'm just gonna leave mine stock for simplicity sakes lol. but, yeah, if you do it. make sure to document it!! and take lots of pics!!

Blake.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Engine Size
will do. i'll post em up in my build thread when i get it goin. might be a couple of months though. i'm in need of 2 sets of tires and a bunch of minor little things to get the Bronco street worthy.

plan for the interior is going to essentially be bare minimum and as durable as possible but make it look clean.. pretty much just dash, steering, shifters, seats and mabe a couple lock boxed mounted in the back.

Last edited:

Blake.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Engine Size
guess nobody has actually done this. hmm...
:D

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
like i've said several times before on here, SOMEONE HAS TO BE LAB RAT!!!

Blake.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Engine Size
i volunteer! haha

3hokies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Herculiner the entire interior, use your current door panels as templates and use diamond plate. Been doing for years in fire trucks. Virtually indestructible. Just make sure you put a barrier between the aluminum diamond plate and the sheet metal.

Blake.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Engine Size
Herculiner the entire interior, use your current door panels as templates and use diamond plate. Been doing for years in fire trucks. Virtually indestructible. Just make sure you put a barrier between the aluminum diamond plate and the sheet metal.
herculiner/line x/rhino liner was in the plans for the floor and part of the way up the sides up to match one of the body lines on the outside. then paint the top half. and have a 2 tone on the outside that follows the inside.
or does the inside follow the outside?
either way for the overall plan it will need to be paintable.

and not real fond of diamond plate for anything but toolboxes...

also i'm looking to do the ENTIRE inside like this. not just the doors. every plastic panel will be removed...

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
I think that would look pretty cool. It'd be an awful lot of work, either english wheel and body tools or using a brake and multiple bends. Personally I'd go with a brake as I have some experience with one. I use a portable 10.5' brake to bend aluminum sheet for window, door, post and beam cladding. A box and pan brake would be more suitable in this instance though.
Good luck, and post pics if you do this.

Richard

Blake.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Engine Size
i think it will too. ive use a brake to bend stuff before and was pretty decent at it. but i dont have one or the money to get one. i'm gonna go with as little bends as possible keeping mostly flat panels. but i know i will have to work some of it like the pillars and a couple other things so i'll go with shaping over the vise or the counter top or what ever else i find convenient.

i know its gonna take me a while to get all my panels made. going to get the bigger major panels done first then work my way to the more "fitted" pieces. at least thats the plan as of now.

it all depends on how much patients i have with it. it may just end up being flat panels. lol