•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Teaser...

sbsrlewis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
So I have been thinking that I would like to go from my 33's to some 35's or maybe even 37's so I got to thinking how I could do it. I currently was running 33's with only cut fenders and 1/2" coil spacers. I work part-time at O'Reilly's so I began researching the Moog coil spring catalog and determined that the springs from a 66-76 F-150 (CC810) would give me the lift I was looking for so I ordered them. I also ordered the new James Duff coil buckets at this time too. Once everything was received I discovered that the new coils were to big for the coil seats so I purchased the HD coil seats for the 66-76 Bronco from JD. When I received them I discovered that they would have to be modified if I planned to use them. I notched them to fit around the beams and had a friend weld the edges and had to drill the center to bolt to the beam. I currently only have the passenger side complete so that is why it's titled Teaser. Once everything is finished I will measure for shocks and then get it on the road and trail to see how everything works. Enjoy the photos for now.

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
nice. what are you doing for shocks?

sbsrlewis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Once I get the other side finished I will get the measurements for the shocks and order. I am going to get the JD shocks. I know some people dont like care for them but I had them on my 74 bronco and really liked them.

steve

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
your rig= as long as you like them... WHO CARES!!! lol.

ThatGuy

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
I done the same as you but instead of cutting up the lower coil retainers, I added a "foot" to raise them where they would clear the ball joint.

I later added gussets at the 12,3,6, and 9 o' clock positions as you can see in this pic.

sbsrlewis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I like that. I was looking at mine this morning and after I swap to explorer leafs I believe I will be back to nose down. If so I will add my 1/2" coil spacer I was using before.

Did you have any problem with your alignment?

Steve

ThatGuy

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
No problems whatsoever