•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

The_Dealers Build Thread

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
led's just don't show up good in pictures..idk why..

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
Well the wheeling trip got postponed. Too wet from all that rain made most of the trails impassable:sad:

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
that sucks.. i need a wheeling trip..

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Well the wheeling trip got postponed. Too wet from all that rain made most of the trails impassable:sad:
All that means is you need bigger and more aggressive tires :D

Robert

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
The tires I have a pretty aggressive, but bigger ones are in the plans.

Upcomming mods are:
D35, 8.8, lockers,2" body lift, and 35"s, 5.13 gears.

Well I got the drop pitman arm on, the steering isn't perfectly horizontal but close enough. A skyjacker fa600 was reccomended to me but I'm going stonecrusher on the d35 so I couldn't justify spending 200 bux on a pitman arm. I got the pro comp fd400.

Since the wheeling trip was canceled, I did some work to her. I had to replace an outer tre that fell apart when I did the pitman arm. I am in the process of modding and bacing my pivot drops. Also pulling the shafts to tighten up my lbj's that I loosened to do the camber bushing. Never could get them tight. Also working on a hand throttle. I hope to have all this stuff done by this comming up weekend.

What's the easiest way to take out the passenger pivot drop? Remove the whole beam and radius arm?r

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
Here's a couple pics of modding the brackets. Basically enlarged the cam centric bolt hole farther down and welded new centering tabs on it. Also plated and strengthened some of the passenger bracket. And its alignable!!

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
I've been noticing that I got some ranger lean going on on the passenger rear, got looking and I have a broken leaf. So I'm getting some exploder leafs and ranger leafs and make a pack up.

Did some small things like cleaning the carpet and getting the door locks and windows working right. Passenger window stil slows about halfway so I gotta grease the track and get it smooth. I think I'm going to be getting a higher amp alt, I believe mines going out

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
Ok so I'm sure everyone is wondering, what's new in The_Dealers build? I've been pretty busy lately with the new job, the baby, woman, and the tow rig. I went out and bought a chebby, rcsb, put a leveling kit on it, getting ready for some 33's. I know its the "inferior" brand, but I got it cheap, brand new with 5 miles. And its got the 5.3...anyways now that I got a tow rig the b2 is going under the knife. Also got some new tools. Like a tube shark. Long story shor the v6 is making way for an efi 5.0, gonna chop the top, cage, maybe slight exo on it, and the d28 and 7.5 is making way for a pair of 60's. I hope dynatrac but we shall see how funds go after the cage and 5.0 swap. Progress pics will begine soon, as I hope to have the ol 6'er out by sunday. Ill keep everyone informed. Btw if anyone needs some 2.8, fm146, or 1350 parts let me know. Will be selling my 28, 7.5, and almost new skyjacker 1348 coils soon, also tc 2.5" modded drops for the beams( both are dropped enough to run cam bush and 4" coils and allign. And 4" radius drops

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
Alright, so people might think, where The_Dealer go? He has been hard at work. I started a mild part out, trying to thin her up some. I went and got. 2011 silverado 5.3 dd and tow rig. Modded her up with a leveling kit, tinted windows, and gonna do some 285's with kmc monster xd 20's. Anyways I'm doing a full chop, eb style, no door frames and the whole roof chopped. Doing a full cage, welded to where I'm cutting the roof by the windsheild. I want the windsheild "frame" to have support. I've ditched the doors, hatch, and stock suspension. Also removed the stock drivetrain. Putting a 5.0 from econoline van, bw1350 from a fs bronco, and m50dr2. Have some 60's with eb brackets on the way( rear setup for b2). Might cut off front axle brackets and do leaves up front. Haven't decided, and gonna do a jeep cj style flat dash. I have pics of the progress but my blackberry won't let it happen. Will post up when I can get to a pc

Boggin

Reaction score
cant wait to see what happens with her. cant wait to put in my susp lift i got from you

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
Send me some pics when u do!

Looked at some benders after work today, comparing prices to the quote from carolina rock shop for the cage. Prolly just have the cage done for me. I've never done one and that's one of the things u don't really want to fail. Especially with no roof

Blake.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Engine Size
here's the hatch

:icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

doors are in the shop.

got the t-case in also. i think i'm going to have to tweak that shifter a bit though.

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
Hatch looks pretty cool white.

I have the roof marked where I'm gonna chop, interior panels and headliner out. Gotta get the side windows out and choose my cutting tool, think I'm gonna use a sawzall

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Save those side windows, they cost a arm, leg and left nut, you could get a small fortune off them on e-bay.

Robert

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
we need pics of the b2!

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
I'm going to nc this weekend to see some family ill save pics on a card and post em up on their pc

Boggin

Reaction score
Ryan, text me ya niger. Deleted messages again and dont have your number saved. Ill save it this time i promise! lol