•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Throw me some opinions

country0001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
I love my B2, I'm doing the swap to a 4.0 this spring. I'm looking for a donor truck. I have my Ranger w a 4.0/auto. Got the truck for free, put 350 in it to be legal and drove it. It shifts funny from 1st to 2nd, real hard, and when it warms up it leaks like crazy. The body is all beat to hell, the inside is all tore up, but the engine runs great and its an ext cab.

My question is, since I have a good runnin 4.0 that I trust, should I use it for my B2, or just look for another donor motor? I drive my B2 the most. But I like havin the backup vehicle. Not sure what to do.

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I'd Swap in the 4.0, sounds like having the other Ranger as a backup doesn't sound reliable as it stands anyways.

country0001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
That's kinda the way I'm leaning, just lookin for some people to back up my hunch. The ranger would take new fenders, bed, tranny rebuilt, new taillights window motors, interior is terrible. The B2 needs some stuff, its just more practical for my needs.

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I would change the motor to get the b2 where you want it.But I hear you about a backup vehicle not to mention it would be real nice to drive something if the swap hits a snag and sometimes they do.

country0001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
I do have my f-150 to fall back on and I bring my work truck home w me everyday