•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Tony Raine's Bronco II

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
looks real good man, some day i want to do a bronco II but ive got so many projects currently that i cant even see an open spot to fit one in yet.

Tony Raine

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Dual sump oil pan arrived today. Hope to have it installed by this weekend.

dangerranger83

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
I like new parts too.

Tony Raine

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Ok, the summit/jegs pan was NOT the right one. Looked closer at the pan I got, and it’s made for the dipstick that runs through the block. This blows, mainly because I can only blame myself for not looking it over closer. And I can't find the invoice so I can send it back. $115 wasted..... I know that ad said “dipstick in pan” when I ordered, but now it doesn’t.

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
They should have sent you a copy of the recp. to your email.

Kyle M.

GOING FOR BROKE
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Just call them, summit and jegs have always been easy for me to work with. They will take it back and just credit your card when they get it, no need for receipt.

idriveafordranger94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2009/1994/1988
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
SOHC 4.0L/OHV 4.0L/5.0L V8
Wow this project is gonna be sweet. Can't wait to see what the end result is

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
how are things coming along? any progress?

Tony Raine

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Might try to get the jegs pan to work by using the dipstick from the old pan. Cheaper than returning the pan, and spending an additional $100 for the right one (which I found for $200 online). My search for a used one is all dead-ends.

Not much of an update, but at least everything is easier to work on:

Much better than sitting on a tire, on a trailer, in the cold.

Got everything somewhat organized:

Had to give the hoist back, so for now I’m just going to do more prep work. Problem is, since the days are shorter, I am running out of daylight after work. The shed doesn’t have power, and 125’ of extension cord is throwing breakers. So it looks like my next investment is a dedicated underground line to the shed.

Last edited:

Tony Raine

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
My wife ordered the Advance Adapters oil filter relocation kit for my birthday. I found a discount code online, and got it for $90 shipped. Not too bad.

Tony Raine

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size

jhammel85

On here ignoring work
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Great build. Its cool that you still have that truck from when you were a kid.

I was wondering...What are the aftermarket wheels you had on it? I like those and I'm looking around for wheels for my truck. I think they would look pretty good.

Last edited:

Tony Raine

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Thanks! :icon_thumby:

the black rims were Crager somethings, 15x10

the chrome ones are Pacer rims, i think the design is called "Rebel", 15x8. cheap price, great quality.

Tony Raine

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Been doing little bits here and there, figured it was time for an update. Right now I’m in a “cleaning mode” since “purchase mode” is on hold for a little while.

Took the top cover off the trans so that I could clean the top cover separately. Also made a “lid” to go in place of the top cover so that the shifter wont get in the way when I test-fit the assembly

This little plastic piece is worn off. Can I get just these from somewhere? Or are they even important?

Close up of the 4x4 shifter, so I will remember how it goes back, haha

This bolt, that holds down the oil pickup tube, was stripped out when installed (just the end that holds the pickup tube. Not sure of the torque value of where it goes into the block, so I didn’t mess with it right now.

Put the fox pan on temporarily. Going to figure out where to put the dipstick when I test fit the motor, so it will come off again anyway. Also why I didn’t install the new pickup tube

Also took off the exhaust manifolds to make it easier to clean/paint the block. Going to engineer some covers for the exhaust ports so I don’t have to worry about junk getting inside while I work

Right now I am debating on what color to paint the block. I kinda like the pale “Old Ford Blue”

Tony Raine

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Been spending most of my wrench time on the parts rig and the brown BII, time to work on the ‘84 a little more. Took the rear hatch off of the gray parts rig (it has opening rear glass). Took the glass and weatherstripping out of it, gave it a light sand, and sprayed it with some satin black rattle can. I figure the whole rig will be rattle canned this color until I can get a decent paint job for it (nice paint comes last).

Old rear hatch

“New” rear hatch

The weather stripping for the window is dry and dirty, but crack-free. I’m going to scrub it in dish soap to get the funk off, then treat it with some Carmex (yeah, the lip balm). The brown BII also donated its (almost new) hatch struts, and it gets an older set instead.

Also started cleaning up the outside of the motor and painting it. Got one side done and had to see what it looked like in paint (old ford blue).

And finally, I picked up some 1” body lift pucks from Performance Accessories, some semi-gloss black Rustoleum enamel for under the hood (firewall, frame, inner fenders, etc….), and some other little things.

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Good to see progress! Im Jealous of that T-case.. I'll swap you my behemoth of a T-case lol

Tony Raine

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
didn't tinker very much today, but i did bolt the 'new" hatch on. still need to clean the funk off the window, but that's for another day

Tony Raine

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Good to see progress! Im Jealous of that T-case.. I'll swap you my behemoth of a T-case lol
Thanks!

Right now I am just doing little stuff until i can "test fit" the motor/trans/awesome t-case. I have all the parts i need, I just have to time it right, since I am doing this outside. I (finally) graduate from college on May 8, so that should open up some free time on a sunny weekend.