•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

transmission mount ?

lchappyjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Can any one tell me how tall there transmission mount is from the cross bar to the mount, on a skyjacker extended radius arm lift kit? or maybe how much you can safely drop it from stock to adjust drive line angles? Thanks

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Dropping the trans cross-member is NOT how you adjust driveline angles to compensate for a lift.

The proper method is to install selective tapered shims at the rear axle to tip the axle to the desired angle.

lchappyjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
im swapping in an 8.8 so so the perches have not been welded yet, i just wanted to know how far i could angle the motor and transmission so i can build the mount, then I was going to match that angle with the rear end. Thanks

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
OK, I guess you missed my point.

Leave the engine and trans at their natural angle or you will put undue stress on the engine mounts and cause them to fail early as well as possibly causing issues with the shifter.

Figure out your needed angle you need the axle to sit at to get everything where it needs to be. Then weld your perches to make that angle happen. The ONLY proper way to adjust driveling angles is to clock the axle.

lchappyjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
cool, i will just set it up factory height then. thanks

camshaft01

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
on a b2 i believe 6degrees was perfect with the explorer non slip yolk t-case{1354} installed. i also think the shaft tube length w/exp driveshaft was 13.25" tube. not shure what the overall length was. but that put me right in the middle of the slip on the shaft.