•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

WCB2 (Walnut Creek)

Jay'94

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 1987
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 5.8
Sounds good, uncle Wimpy...I mean, Limpy, might be able to answer the phone and take messages, so he's worth about mininum wage (maybe), me and you, though, are highly skilled technicians, so our salary is worth a little more...Would I need to bring my toolbox?? If I do, we'd need to expand the store...I don't think I'd fit...
SVT
Call Uncle Whimpy/Limpy whatever you want. Just remember my A$$ is running the books and you clowns only put in 2 hrs the whole week!
ANDDDDD
YOU'RE PAY WILL REFLECT FROM THE BOSS! :icon_surprised:
Time AT work, does not mean TIME WORKING!! It's all how it's written up :icon_confused: by the bookeeper (Uncle Whimpy/Limpy) who's sitting on his butt doing bookeeping, behind the desk! :icon_rofl:

And while you two clowns were Fing Off, I just sold an axle!! :yahoo: :yahoo:
And will get paid when I drive by the guys house & drop it off on my next trip to the family homestead in Alabama! It's 5 minutes! :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

Last edited:

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Supporting Member
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
No problem, we collect the cash for the outgoing merchandise anyways...so there is always the commision that comes out before the *Books* get it :thefinger:
SVT

Jay'94

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 1987
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 5.8
No problem, we collect the cash for the outgoing merchandise anyways...so there is always the commision that comes out before the *Books* get it :thefinger:
SVT
Any store I been at the guy behind the contour and the cash register takes payment & issues receipts for sales & warranty. And, I know how you are about skimming the till, so I installed a camera. :D
Also customers don't pay without a receipt for returns or warranty. :icon_thumby:

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Supporting Member
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Chad uses the good buddy system over there, and he know's everybody by the first name!!
SVT

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Supporting Member
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Hey, somebody's got to be the trail guide....:D
SVT

--weezl--

Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Because I'm an old man with a poor memory & I'd like a gauge to tell my dumbass to stop at the pumps, when the aforementioned Sensei is not with me, before I run out & don't make it to the trail? :icon_idea:

On a technical note concerning sending units;
They do work off of whatever voltage system they are designed for (there are some 6v systems) and they are not real conducive to interchange.
They are however designed & operate on a resistor system & develope/operate at different ohms. I'm not familiar with who uses what, but I do know that Ford & chevy are different. Also all the HDs I've worked on, some for certain years do not work with other years. It's hunt & peck, or test with ohm meter & specs chart to make fit.
As the float rises & falls it developes & transmits a different voltage to the gauge causing it to rise or fall in accordance with where the float is. If the 2 are not conducive to each other, you will get incorrect readings.
Contrary to what some of you TBers may think, I know more about all this shit than you think I do.
agreed, i was just referring to the pump side of the sending unit, i stand by the gauge being un needed, i see your side of the coin... you should always head IN to the bush with a full tank of gas... my pre-trip fillup is usually 100$ 65-70 liter tank, 20 liter jerry can (just incase) and 1.11$ a liter, sometimes more

kris97ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 4.2 litre
UPDATES! i wanna see some tubbing getting done

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
UPDATES! i wanna see some tubbing getting done
tube, engine, axles, anything at this point :icon_thumby:

maybe I should just trailer down that other Ranger in my back yard....since a slot has opened up on the "Projects List"....and in the field...:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

l8r, John

kris97ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 4.2 litre
Yeah, that might get extended by a week, this week kind of got blown apart. Today is the first day of this week that we got to work on it, and monday will be another day down as we're hitting the junkyard for a fuel cell...
SVT
somehow i think you missed your completion date :icon_rofl:

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Supporting Member
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
maybe I should just trailer down that other Ranger in my back yard....since a slot has opened up on the "Projects List"....and in the field...:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

l8r, John
Bring it down, John. I always have more room for projects :D
somehow i think you missed your completion date :icon_rofl:
Actually, it has been blown way out the water. Do to some difficulties with Jay's retirement and a multitude of appointments that came up, it's gonna take a tad more than 3 weeks for completion...On the flip side I think I have found a simpler way to the fuel sending unit problem as well as adapting the Ford high pressure EFI fuel lines to the new fuel tank....It's at Chad's now getting the fuel neck relocated...
SVT

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Which will depend on what point I will be sober enough to weld it up this weekend...:D!
The wife and I both have the weekend off and that means lots of beer & Bloody Marys.

You did want that filler on the bottom .....right...:icon_confused:....:icon_thumby:

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Supporting Member
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
:thefinger: :thefinger: Follow the hole!! :icon_rofl:
SVT

Jay'94

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 1987
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 5.8
Frame got pressure washed today. What a mess.
Get after it with the grinder tomorrow to remove some stuff that isn't going to be used before it gets some POR-15. :shok:

--weezl--

Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size

--weezl--

Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle