•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

well, got to use it . . . .

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
with the 40 + inches of snow we had here in the last week. I hate snow , but love seeing the '66 /'84 Bronco out enjoying it. We went everywhere we wanted to go . . and looking cool at the same time.

Attachments

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
The top will not be chopped. However, I will be painting the top white to look like it lifts off. I included a rear pic to see the white letter rear hatch and bumper. Its not a daily driver per se . . but close to it. Also you can see the early Bronco script on the front fender.

Attachments

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
I appreciate the compliments. Don't really have too many more pics. I will certainly show you more as I paint it more, but that won't happen until spring or summer.I'll take some engine shots soon . . think it came out real nice when I did those mods.

Attachments

Last edited:

country0001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
U know it amazing how much BII's look like EB's anyways, with a little persuasion they look a lot like em.

Is that on a EB frame or something?

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
No, its a fairly stock '84 Bronco II. I did some engine mods to remove the computer and original carb. I added headers and 2 1/2 exhaust . . otherwise stock. Its just an early Grille fitted to the BII opening . . and some other things painted white as well.

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Looks good.

Might be just me but there is something about the EB grill swaps that just looks unfinished. Can't put my finger on it. Might be because it looks out of porportion, as in the grill is too large.

b2rich

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
whats an engine?
Looks good.

Might be just me but there is something about the EB grill swaps that just looks unfinished. Can't put my finger on it. Might be because it looks out of porportion, as in the grill is too large.
I think it looks cool. I personally think if the grill was the same color as the body and leave the trim around the lights white it might be cool. but i do like it

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Well Copy . the facts don't back you up . . dimensionally the early Bronco and Bronco II are very, very close in size. Even the front end dimensions are about the same, the grille fits easily.

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Well I personally like the old grille to stand out. Many back them were either white or chrome. As I carry the white theme around the truck, giving it the vintage look ( I have done the same with an old Ranger as well ) I see the grille needing to be white as well. A black grille would not stand out at all. Might as well painted a stock grille black . . . man would that have been easier :)

Andres629

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
I love that rig! I really like all the "little" things about it, looks real good, man.

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Well Copy . the facts don't back you up . . dimensionally the early Bronco and Bronco II are very, very close in size. Even the front end dimensions are about the same, the grille fits easily.
To me the front looks too sunken in and there is too much white on the grill making it look Huge.

I like the way mine looks. To me it looks proportionate. Maybe because I've had to look at mine every day and it's grown on me.

Last edited:

marcehboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 2.9
Maybe that one just need a lift and 35s to make it look right?

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Now see Copy . . nice looking truck, but I don't care for the front of yours. Not trying to bash you because it is a nice truck. But to me, it doesn't look old, not vintage. I was entirely after the vintage look. Not bad ass, not an off road vehicle, hill climber or anything . . just old. I want people to turn there head and say . . . what is that or such. And . . they do. So I achieved my goal, I guess you did too.

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
So I achieved my goal, I guess you did too.
Different strokes for different folks. Yes I achieved what I was after and you would be surprized at how many people ask me about the early bronco grill and how hard it was to install.

Now if you look at your pictures and look at pictures of mine you will see that they are nothing alike. Just the fact that the round lights are the same and the marker light placement is about the same. That's about it.

Just a suggestion in that to paint the lower part of the grill between the actual grill and the bumper might break it up a bit and may make the front look better. I think what it is is the grill and bumper being all white make the front look too tall.

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
See, it doesn't look "too tall" to me. I had thought about how I would paint it . . but for now I'm happy. Putting a "real" early grille in truck is unique and will have some unique issues. I have also done a '61 F100 grille in my Ranger, perhaps you would like that look better as the grilles aren't so long.

Last edited: