•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

What a bitchin forum. What would you do?

jdflatten

Reaction score
Hey, I'm in SD as well, just on the other side of the big river.

I swear guys, I've looked over and over. Where the frame rail goes from horazontal to about a 22 degree upward pitch, about 2 feet forward of the HP fuel pump, there is a spot with a metal sheild but it isn't even 1/4 as big of a space as you would need for a fuel filter to fit behind. I can just barely fit my finger between the frame rail and the sheild and can feel nothing behind it. I know what the D""n thing looks like, I've got the new one on my desk right now, but I'm tellin ya, it's just not there.

Anyone ever seen this? There aren't any splices or anything where it looks like someone took it out and bypassed it. I'm stumped.

kunar

Odd One
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
it may not be there... i was under the impression that the older trucks only had the canister. if its got the other inline filter, it should be on the drivers side frame rail, just rear of the engine cross member.

Shran

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
I swear you have one there. It should looks like this. My '87 has this, my '86 Ranger has it, my old '88 Ranger had the same thing. Every 86-88 first gen I've seen has the same filter.

Nice to see another person from SD, BTW!

Mike828

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 1987
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I swear you have one there. It should looks like this. My '87 has this, my '86 Ranger has it, my old '88 Ranger had the same thing. Every 86-88 first gen I've seen has the same filter.

Nice to see another person from SD, BTW!
I got one of those for an '87 I had just bought only to come home and find out it took a canister filter.

Look for a white plastic cylinder case for it about half way between tank and fuel pump on the frame rail.

jdflatten

Reaction score
I've got the canister type for sure, it was the first thing I replaced when trying to get the beast running.

Yep, that picture is the same filter I have sitting here, there just isn't one on my BII.

Im off today to flush the radiator and sea foam myrtle.