•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

where to mount hi-lift on B2

jaymegriffiths

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
well damn, cant make anyone happy! haha
im happy! haha do it how you want evryone should deal with it its his truck jeez
i think it looks goofy but it aint my truck what do i care nice b2 btw :icon_thumby:
itll work til ya :icon_welder:somethin up

pyrosity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997/85
Vehicle
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0/5.0L
Ide go for the bumper mount also....front or rear would look good! and it would stay out of the way...

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Vehicle
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
the rear bumper is my plan. more so cuz i don't have a rear bumper tho!

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I don't know about everywhere but around here the latest fad is to put the jack right in the middle of the hood no really on the hood. At least you'd notice if its stolen.If you don't want it to stick up past the roof on the spare mount if a guy cut 3" off the end it would change the whole look of the setup you think?

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
yea, i have no problem where it sticks up really. it should only be there a short period of time and i probably wont do much trail riding while its on the carrier.

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I've thought about putting mine horizontal on the tire carrier but up here in the rust belt I don't think it would last long. When I get time to build a roof rack It will probably go up there, That should bee up and out of road spray for the most part

country0001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
I like it. Plus u did it with parts laying around. That says a lot about ur ingenuity. It just goes to show u that u don't have to spend a fortune to do something right.

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Mostly depends on your climate. A u-bolt setup like above would be a PITA at -40°. It would end up on the floor in the cargo area. Up on a roof rack would suck having to lift it back up and bolt it on each time. PITA at -40°, OTOH the work out may keep you somewhat warmer.

I had mine on the back with big ass wingnuts and it was a PITA, cold or warm.

Where i have mine it acts like a barrier so shit doesn't slide back into the hatch. I had no issues with it even when I was catching air. Don't loose too much cargo area as it's on the floor and up against the hatch.

Mudhound

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Eaastern Ky- out in the woods ( literally)
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
173 and 331 CI
I USED to have mine mounted on the spare tire rack. Now, I toss it inside the hatch, since I hooked a tree branch and split my hatch where the spare rack catches on the hatch. It is torn almost a FULL 12" to the left and right of the bracket that the tire rack catches on.

Broncotim

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
trailb2 - i think i found the thread you were talking about. here are the pictures. and this is exactly what i was thinking about! :icon_thumby:

Thanks for finding my old post on this subject. My jack is till mounted the same way as the picture shows. I did however shorten my jacks height by 4 inches. The jack is now even with the roof. I have never hit anything with the jack before I cut it. I did it just in case. I enjoy having the jack mounted on the tire carrier. It frees up space in the cab and is easy to access. One more thing I also mounted a cable lock so nobody can steal the jack while I am parked somewhere. Have fun mounting you Hi Lift jack.

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Thanks for finding my old post on this subject. My jack is till mounted the same way as the picture shows. I did however shorten my jacks height by 4 inches. The jack is now even with the roof. I have never hit anything with the jack before I cut it. I did it just in case. I enjoy having the jack mounted on the tire carrier. It frees up space in the cab and is easy to access. One more thing I also mounted a cable lock so nobody can steal the jack while I am parked somewhere. Have fun mounting you Hi Lift jack.
yea man, i personally like how it looks. the only thing i did different with mine was move it in more towards the tire, and its behind the carrier, but it does stick up a little high. what part of TN are you in?

Broncotim

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
I live in Middle TN in a town called Lynnville. I live 1.5 hours south of Nashville. A drive from Knoxville to my house is roughly 3.5 hours. Have you heard of the off road park Wheelin in the country? It is 15 minutes from my house. We need to get together one day and ride.

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
yea i've heard of it but never been there. deff. should plan something though sometime!

bronchoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford

this is the only picture i could find of my hi lift mounted to the spare tire carrier

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
wish i saw how you mounted it though. cause i really like it!

bronchoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
i will get a couple pics of it probably 2mar its at my buddies shop

B2 Addict

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I live in Middle TN in a town called Lynnville. I live 1.5 hours south of Nashville. A drive from Knoxville to my house is roughly 3.5 hours. Have you heard of the off road park Wheelin in the country? It is 15 minutes from my house. We need to get together one day and ride.
I have always wanted to go to Summertown, it's about an hour & 1/2 from me. I may have to get down there sometime myself. Maybe we need to get something together sometime! :icon_thumby:

Sorry for the thread jack!! :shok:

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
always lookin to jack someones thread for a good trail ride! jk man. i think its a great idea!