•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Which M/T?

Which M/T?

• Mastercraft M/T

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Medalist M/T

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • BF Goodrich M/T

Votes: 14 70.0%

• Total voters

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Reaction score
I am getting a new set of M/T's for my Bronco II. I don't want to spend a whole lot of cash, but I want a good tire.

Which one do you thing and why?

1. Mastercraft M/T

2. Medalist M/T

3. BF Goodrich M/T

Last edited:

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
i see the following...

no name
no name
hugely popular for a reason name.

i vote hugely popular for a reason.

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
True. I have heard good things from the Mastercraft's. I know 04EDGE on R-F has them and he gave them rave reviews.

powerplantranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I went to Costco in June and got a set of BFG M/Ts 30x9.50x15 for $489, installed with warr. They always have some type of money off special going on, and the price you see is the price you get, no adding stuff like shitscount does. Hope that helps:icon_bounceblue:

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
I went to Costco in June and got a set of BFG M/Ts 30x9.50x15 for $489, installed with warr. They always have some type of money off special going on, and the price you see is the price you get, no adding stuff like shitscount does. Hope that helps:icon_bounceblue:
Well I called Sam's Club (Costco's competitors) and they wanted $166 each for the BFG KM2's (the new BFG M/T's) and didn't have the old style in that size. Then they wanted $9.50 per tire to mount and balance.

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I liked the Mud Kings I had, they were less expensive than the BFG's, and it's nice to put the studs in them, and the tread seemed to work better in the mud. They seemed about the same on the street. Some siping would do any of the three good.

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
I liked the Mud Kings I had, they were less expensive than the BFG's, and it's nice to put the studs in them, and the tread seemed to work better in the mud. They seemed about the same on the street. Some siping would do any of the three good.
I think if I get the BFG's, I have to get the KM2's which have some siping in them.

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Willys,Ford,Jee
some yers ago, I had a freind who had mudkings, I'll give the tread pattern was good for slinging dirt and mud,would consider that aspect on par with the BFG's(the now old pattern) but the side wall in mud kings sucked! they were very "flimsy" feeling on the truck while driving on the highway.They would "roll under" pretty easy on the street hanging corners and such.not driving like a ass, but slighty hot,more like warm really.I know they were 2ply sides, but they felt like 1 ply. 33x12.50's on 10 inch rims

pyro4fun

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
small
If you look in Petersen's 4wheel & off-road magazine thy are covering the Ultimate Adventure right now, and yes for them it was free to use the BFG MK2 but thy put a pounding on those tires and had nothing bad to say. I will probably give them a try for my next set of tires.

powerplantranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Well I called Sam's Club (Costco's competitors) and they wanted $166 each for the BFG KM2's (the new BFG M/T's) and didn't have the old style in that size. Then they wanted $9.50 per tire to mount and balance.
Sam's is gonna be higher than Costco. Costco dosen't make much off of their tires sales. When I got mine they were $60 off per set. Your's at Sam's would be over $700. Just tryin' to help ya out.

Costco ordered mine for me when Sam's wouldn't. One of the many resaons I don't spend my money at Sam's. The customer is never right..

Sorry I've had a few bad experiances at Sam's..

Plus I'm a tight ass..

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
There isn't a Costco near me. By the time I drive the extra hour, it would pay for the difference.

I think I am going to try the Mastercrafts. I have Googled them and found some rave reviews on them. Post people on the full size Ford and Chevy forums are claiming they got 40,000-50,000 out of them.

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
If your gonna be cheap, I would look here www.treadwright.com

My bro has these tires: Got them real cheap, they are pretty good quality from what I can tell, holding up just fine for retreads. He has put 20,000 or so on them, looks like they have another 20,000 in them:D

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
If your gonna be cheap, I would look here www.treadwright.com

My bro has these tires: Got them real cheap, they are pretty good quality from what I can tell, holding up just fine for retreads. He has put 20,000 or so on them, looks like they have another 20,000 in them:D

That is awesome. The tread is actually MT/R tread design too. I might try those!

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I would read up on their site, they have a pretty good rep. from what I can tell. I'm going with those ofr my next set. Have to get 285/75/16's tho...The 33x15's they make are just a Dunlop Mud Rover clone.

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
I was looking at their other tires, they also make the BFG A/T's in a retread that looks identical to the new BFG A/T's.

I am ordering tires tonight! Maybe the Mrs. will allow me keep my A/T's for a summer tire at those prices ;-)

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
me and my brother have both run the mastercraft courser mt's.they are good low cost tires that last and get good traction.my bros going on 30,000 with the craft's on his tj

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
Thanks! I am so confused on which one I want. I found a deal on the Goodyear MT/R's from Tire Rack for $148 each with a $50 mail in rebate if you purchase 4 and Summit said they would beat that price; Summit has them listed now for $199 each.

03Shadowbob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Why not look at the Dakota MTs? I love mine. They were cheap, self clean real well, and have a 40k mile warrantee. I have srcubbed the walls of mine pretty hard on roots, rocks and concrete edges and they have held up fine. I did get the heavy duty ones for $141 a piece though you can get standard duty for $99 each.

AngryLepercon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I love my Hankook dynapro M/t's im going on 30k miles too with lots of tread left.