•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

You know what happens you Assume...

misak1914

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Greetings all,

My inside panels of my 84 BII are AFU'd. Not only that, they are in desperate need of replacing. My local junkyards have panels from newer models. Does anyone have any idea if the newer style inside panels will fit in an 84? I'd really hate to go through the trouble of burning my gonads off in a junkyard, bringing them home, then find out they don't fit.

Thanks in advance for your help.

heptofite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
everything up to 88 should fit just fine.

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
anithing in the first and second gen rangers will fit as long as you get the door handle assembly, and the window crank. i pput door panels from a 1989 ranger in my 88 b2, so they will work, just gotta get the cranks and door handles. mine look as they came stock. here are some pics

BEFORE!!!

AFTER!!!

misak1914

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Sweet. Me an my local junk yards are gonna have a thang going on with all of this upgradin I'm about to do. Thank you guys for your input. This site rocks!! :headbang:

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
are you gonna do the door panels like mine? i would, they are definently better than the old cloth ones. i just scuffed mine, and spray painted em black, its definently one of the nicest upgrades ive done, other than new seats

Shran

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Those second gen door panels kick ass, I think the first gen ones look fawking cheap. Except the cloth ones from Eddie Bauer B2s, those are nice, got those in my Ranger.

Mudhound

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Eaastern Ky- out in the woods ( literally)
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
173 and 331 CI
I don't know about the 1st gens being cheap looking. I happen to like my 2-tone skins:

I even have the floor mats, spare tire cover, mudflaps, AND black horses from the factory.

Shran

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
I don't know about the 1st gens being cheap looking. I happen to like my 2-tone skins:

I even have the floor mats, spare tire cover, mudflaps, AND black horses from the factory.
I was talking more about the red ones in the pic above, for example. Just vinyl anything from the 80's in general looks kinda cheap to me. Is yours stock? What trim package was that? :icon_thumby:

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I was talking more about the red ones in the pic above, for example. Just vinyl anything from the 80's in general looks kinda cheap to me. Is yours stock? What trim package was that? :icon_thumby:
While I love my red interior, I agree, the door panels are kind of cheap. They are really just cadrboard wrapped in fiber-fill and cheap leather.

I'm getting new ones from LMC that I think are supposed to actually be of a higher quality than the OE panels. That would be nice.

94xlt4.0

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9, 4.0
anybody know if it would work the opposite way? i have a 90 b2 and noticed in the junkyards the older ones had a bunch of compartments to store stuff behind the rear seat. will these fit the newer ones?

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
i dont see why it wouldnt, they are the same exact door