•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by BRUTUS_T_HOG

1. BRUTUS_T_HOG

gunk in oilpan

Brake cleaner or soak it in Super-Clean and rinse with water. Works great
  2. BRUTUS_T_HOG

Redneck ways to fix a oil leak?!

Nothing will work. Nothing will stop it. If you want it done correctly you will have to replace something. Not like the engine is all that hard to pull. If its not the oil pan gasket its the rear main. If its the rear main you could just pull the transmission out More like "Redneck ways to...
  3. BRUTUS_T_HOG

valve cover question

PCV grommets, generic at any parts store
  4. BRUTUS_T_HOG

Where do I measure temperature?

i check at the thermostat housing or right next to the temperature sensor
  5. BRUTUS_T_HOG

temp gauge

you replaced the 1 wire sensor and not the 2 wire sensor correct? ground the 1 wire sensor wire and see if the gauge pegs. the 2 wire sensor is for the ECU and the 1 wire sensor is for the gauge and the 1 wire sensor is actually called the sending unit
  6. BRUTUS_T_HOG

How to get exhaust popping?

turn up your idle speed screw, you'll have to play with it a little until the computer can't detect closed throttle anymore the computer detects throttle closed, low load, high rpm. and shuts off fuel during coasting i'd rather just save a little gas lol
  7. BRUTUS_T_HOG

Stripped Head Bolt!!

hammer on a socket that fits snugly.
  8. BRUTUS_T_HOG

I like driving my B2.

i love driving my ranger... i wish i had a B2. last time i drove one was when i borrowed my brothers to pick up my friends and cause mayhem. did a few jumps on the beach and brought it back with the lifters clacking like crazy and barely running. the oil pump pickup clogged up.... it was having...
  9. BRUTUS_T_HOG

Ford oem spark plug wires.

well without a picture im going to guess... there are usually 2 angled wires for cylinder 4 and cylinder 3.
  10. BRUTUS_T_HOG

diesel powered explorer?

4bt sounds like the most doable... but very expensive to do the initial swap.
  11. BRUTUS_T_HOG

M5OD Trans - Can't get Bearing Off

a hammer and a brass punch. don't pry
  12. BRUTUS_T_HOG

Push Button 4x4. No Low Range.

i think it only needs to be pushed in when you want 4low. i could be wrong since i've never owned one.. only driven them and diagnosed a few. but i have a poor memory
  13. BRUTUS_T_HOG

i'd still start with cleaning the contacts on the tcase shift motor.. by far the most common problem with shift issues. the transfer case shift module uses the switch contacts on the back of the motor to sense what position the transfer case is in.
  14. BRUTUS_T_HOG

just to be clear you are trying to go into 4low with the transmission in neutral(auto) or pushing the clutch in right? otherwise its probably dirty contacts on the back of the shift motor. remove 3 screws and clean them up
  15. BRUTUS_T_HOG

oil pump gasket..does it exist?

you can make a gasket or use a very light coating of RTV... when i say light coating i mean not enough to squeeze out and flake off which could destroy the engine bearings