•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by rangerbum

1. rangerbum

Finally doing the duraspark

Yeah I hear you, I'm going to do the Duraspark swap here soon as well. Sick of the lack of reliability with the idiotic tfi system.
  2. rangerbum

Camber bushing confusion, looking for clarity.

I finally finished my D35/8.8 swap from an explorer into my BII. The explorer was all original and saggy, the BII lifted around 4". I took it to a locally owned shop this morning(guy supposedly with a lot of Ttb experience) to get an alignment. He took a look and said I need drop brackets...
  3. rangerbum

spring perch locating 8.8 swap

Hello guys, I'm finally sorted and about ready to get my axles put in. A little backstory; I'm putting '92 explorer axles into my '85 BII. Front axle is a piece of cake. I'm not worried about the rear either, but I have been trying to calculate my spring perch locations before I get started...
  4. rangerbum

Improving departure angle

My 85 BII is going under the knife soon(d35 and 31 spline 8.8, then eventually rebuilt ohv 4.0 and rebuilt a4ld) and I'm wanting to address another issue thats been bugging me before i hit the trails again. Even with about 4" of lift I find myself slamming down on my fuel tank skid plate...
  5. rangerbum

Help with Stability in corners

More offset wheels is the first thing I'd do, then try to get a wider tire that isn't much taller. Then check out your sway bar bushings and links. You can get poly bushings for around 20 or 30 bucks, and they make a huge difference over the beat rubber ones the factory used. But if you have...
  6. rangerbum

what shackles can I use for my 1987 BII? and a cowl hood

Belltech 6400 shackles are the most commonly used, and autozone stocks shackles that have identical specs and quality, but are packaged under a no-name brand for a quarter of the price. As for the hood, you won't find a cheap one, and if you do find one, it will be obvious that it's cheap.
  7. rangerbum

rear end lifting methods help

Nothing wrong with a small block for more height, but stacked blocks are bad news if you use them off road. I have 2 inch blocks and some belltech 6400 lookalikes for my rear end. I get spring wrap because of the blocks though. I'd do shackles and add-a-leaf for the best ride and performance. Or...
  8. rangerbum

Thinkin about buying a BII

If it was actually used for plowing much the suspension is probably pretty tired. Not to mention the clutch issues if the operator wasn't gentle.
  9. rangerbum

My new BII

Well, I'm finally back in a 4x4 after way too long! I picked it up on Tuesday for $1500(guy wanted 2900), its a 85 2.8l 5spd only 128k miles with either3 or 4 inches of suspension lift. Its got stock 3.45 axles(for now), 31x10.50 wild country txr tires on B series wheels, twin sticks, blue...
  10. rangerbum

Tires Sport truck size???

I ran 245/60R15 cooper cobra's up front, and 295/50R15 cobra's out back on my 97 when I had her. That thing could take any corner in town at about any speed and never hear them squeal or feel them losing traction. Of course the tire size is different that yours, and It was on a Ranger, but I...