•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by RGHELMS

1. R

89 bii eddie bauer no radio power.

Ive tried two different radios and cant get either to work. Getting constant continuity on the red and orange wires regardless of ignition position. Im not very good with wiring so any help would be appreciated
  2. R

Passenger door window doesnt work.

Ok so my 89 Bii EB has a window that wont roll up or down. You can hear the regulator or motor trying but it sounds like a gear may be slipping or something. Any ideas? Also same door has had two inside door handles break on me. Even when opening it from the outside there seems to be too much...
  3. R

Starter Question

I just did a rebuild on my 89 Bronco 2 starter. (replaced the drive and c clip everything else was in good shape) Now the starter will sometimes not engage the flywheel correctly. Other times it starts right up. When it does not engage I can hear it spinning but no grinding noise at all...
  4. R

Pop Sound

89 Bronco 2 4x4 eddie bauer I have a popping sound that will occur only once when I hit the brakes going in reverse and then hit the brakes then when I go in Drive and then press brakes it pops once. Doesnt pop at any other time and only once when going in Drive or Reverse right after that when...
  5. R

Losing Oil

Ok I have an 89 bronco 2 automatic trans. I replaced my valve cover gaskets but I am still losing oil. I dont smell anything burning anymore after the gasket replacement but I am not sure where I am losing it. About a quart a week of loss. What are the common trouble spots for oil leaks on these...
  6. R

New Bronco 2 Owner

I just bought a 98 Eddie Bauer edition Bronco 2. I had to replace the Valve Cover Gaskets off the bat due to a heavy leak. It "supposedly" has 96,000 miles on it but I suspect it has just rolled over, maybe more than once. My question is, what else should I look into replacing on this vehicle...