•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. holeshot

1990 Bronco II 4x4 and 1986 Bronco II 4x4 package deal $4800

Trying to sell both of my Bronco II's as a package. Would sell separate if interested. They are located in Southeast Indiana. Make an offer! https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/4376641133.html
  2. holeshot

Idle issues 1990 Bronco II

I am having idle issues on my Bronco II. 1990, 2.9 V6, auto. Took it to the shop to figure out what is causing it to have a rough idle. It almost seems like its misfiring or something because the engine starts to shake when it hits the rough idle. Its hard to explain, but it runs fine when...
  3. holeshot

Wheel bearing went out and my wheel locked up at 40 mph. Almost rolled my BII!

I was driving to work and all of the sudden the front drivers side wheel just locked up and put me sideways at 40 mph. I dont know how I saved it, but a 6" lifted BII with 33's going sideways on pavement is scary! I thought it was gonna roll. I am just lucky that no one was in the other lane...
  4. holeshot

Noise/Vibration when driving in 2wd with hubs locked

Since its cold and snowy now, I have been leaving my hubs locked in so whenever I need 4wd I dont have to get out of my Bronco II when I get in a slippery situation. Normally in the summer I always leave the hubs unlocked unless I am doing some wheeling. However, I have noticed a noise when...
  5. holeshot

Tire alternatives on a 15X10 rim. My 33X12.50's rub too much. 90 Bronco II w/6" lift

Tire alternatives on a 15X10 rim. My 33X12.50's rub too much. 90 Bronco II w/6" lift I have a 6" Skyjacker lift on my 90 Bronco II. I have a set of 33X12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZ's on 15X10 Eagle 86 series wheels. I am having a big issue with the tires rubbing on full lock even after cutting...
  6. holeshot

Wnindshield wipers quit working on my 90 Bronco II

I just got it back on the road after sitting for a few years. The wipers worked fine until I pressed the washer setting, then turned them to HI. They hesitated, then worked for a second then they stopped mid stroke and wouldnt return to the home position. Now they dont work at all. I can...
  7. holeshot

What would cause my Bronco to steer more one way than the other?

Just had a lift put on and the shop is having issues with it. They say it is steering more in one direction than the other. One way the tire is into the fender, and the other its not. What would cause this?? Thanks!
  8. holeshot

Brake upgrade after 6" lift and 33's on 15X10 rims

I have a 90 Bronco II and I just had a 6" Skyjacker Class II installed. I also just put on a set of Eagle Series 186 15X10 rims with 33X12.50 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's. It has stainless steel braided brake line extensions up front and the pedal feels spongy and I pretty much had to hold the...
  9. holeshot

Need help with camber issue after 6" Skyjacker Class II install

I had my local off road shop install my 6" Skyjacker Class II on my 90 Bronco II and they are having a heck of a time getting it aligned. They said something about the camber kit they got wont fit? I dont know anything really about alignment but I drove it, and it is all over the road. It...
  10. holeshot

4.0 or Jasper 2.9?? I have a dilemma

Ok, the 2.9 finally made its last voyage last night. Since I bought this 90 BII a month ago, I have been driving it with a rod knocking. I knew it was only a matter of time before she let go....and last night she did. lol. I have been toying with the idea of doing a 4.0 swap, but I dont know...
  11. holeshot

Does anyone know what setup this Bronco II has??

This is from the banner ad on this site. I love the stance and the wheel/tire combo. Is it a 4" Skyjacker suspension lift with 33X12.50's? I like whatever suspension lift this has and the width and the height of the tire. Maybe its 31"??
  12. holeshot

What auto trans to use with a 4.0 swap?

I am going to attempt the 4.0 swap into my 1990 BII. Right now its got the 2.9 and an A4LD auto tranny and the BW1350 manual transfer case. I want to keep it an automatic, and I read somewhere on here that the A4LD will bolt up to a 4.0, but theres issues with the valve body solenoid setup...
  13. holeshot

Sudden Drop in Oil Pressure

Well, I think the $500 BII project needs a heart transplant. This BII has been sitting for a few years and I got it running after draining the gas and putting some fresh gas and some octane boost in it. The guy I bought it from told me the tranny went out, which is why he parked it. So...
  14. holeshot

Picked up a 1990 Bronco II XLT over the weekend

I got an awesome deal on this one. Bought it for a parts vehicle for my 86, but when I saw it in person...I decided to make this a new project. An older couple owned it for years and hauled it behind their RV. I bought it from the second owner and it had been sitting since 2006 because the...
  15. holeshot

Can I swap the drivetrain from an 86 Bronco II into a 90 Bronco II???

I came across a perfect 90 BII that was owned by this old couple and the thing is in really good shape. It has a 2.9 V6, automatic, 4WD and it doesnt run and the tranny is shot. (it sat for years due to the tranny and I tried everything to get it running). Anyway, my 86 runs great, but the...