•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. 177CIOfPureLove

Overheating and intermitent heating in cab...

That gurgling is coolant and air in your heater core. Being that you have been over heating your 2.9 chances are that you have a cracked head, and the combustion is filling the cooling system. Check your coolant level, and your oil for any coolant. You are at least low on coolant, or need to...
  2. 177CIOfPureLove

Bad radiator

I have an explorer radiator in my 88. make sure that the one you get is out of an automatic explorer or ranger, they are much thicker. also, you will need the lower hose to work with the new radiator. Take a look at your lower hose, if it comes in to the radiator straight, its the wrong one...
  3. 177CIOfPureLove

Driveshaft question

Let me know how that would work out, I could use the space. She is pretty heavy though...
  4. 177CIOfPureLove

Driveshaft question

I wish you were closer. I have a real nice and tight fm146, as well as an fm145, and everything it takes to swap either in a first gen minus the driveshaft.... Which will need to be shortened if you use the fm146. If memory serves the fm145 is the same length as the a4ld. Def. stay away from the...
  5. 177CIOfPureLove

getting a 90 b2 tomorrow...excited!

Yes, did it in my 88'. You will need the lower hose off of an automatic explorer. Actually, if your current radiator, if you look at how the lower hose comes into the radiator, if its straight 90 degrees to the rad you need the other hose. if yours comes in on an angle, you have the right hose...
  6. 177CIOfPureLove

Help me guys

I think it could the the Idle Air controller (IAC) I had this problem in another truck. Quite simple to remedy, its the long round thing bolted to the upper intake on the passenger side. Take it off and get a good can of throttle body cleaner, spray it inside and make sure to get all of the...
  7. 177CIOfPureLove

Home Radiator Flush

It certainly won't hurt nothing. Personally I prefer to not have the thing installed in my heater hose just so that it looks much cleaner. I always just take the heater hose off and flush it with the hose that way. It will work pretty good for flushing, way back in the day they actually used...
  8. 177CIOfPureLove

Can you tell if this is body or sus lift?

I Really, really, really like the looks of that truck....