•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. J

1990 B2 for sale San Antonio/Austin

With great sadness I am selling my daughter's 1990 B2. It was her 1st car and needs a good home. Auto 2.9 2WD. We recently had the tranny rebuilt and has new tires, electric windows and I did a really cool diamond plate repair to the rear liftgate (thanks to the Ranger Station!) Asking 1200...
  2. J

driveahaft questions

Ok, Bronco II Nation, I need your help and input!! I have a 90 B2 2wd auto A4LD trans 2.9l with a busted driveshaft GKN variety. Its a simple eight bolts to remove it but could not find any at my local (huge) junkyard. Ive been reading that the GKN conversion type is the best replacement with...
  3. J

center console mystery

I'm slowly fixing the little things on my 90 B2 and I noticed a 3X5 piece of plywood covering up the top back part of the original (I think) center console. Well, I took it off and there is what appears to be large pieces of metal bracketsl and other hardware inside. What is the purpose of this...
  4. J

B2 liftgate question

I am at the final stage of repairing the fiberglass on the liftgate around the latch and tire mount area. I'm planning on adding a piece of aluminum diamondplate to beef it up, but I'm worried about the extra weight. I'm adding about 2 square feet of 1/8" plate which would add approx 2 pounds...
  5. J

Liftgate mod

I'm in the middle of repairing the damaged fiberglass on my 90 B2 with the spare tire carrier. I want to continue using the tire carrier so has anyone had any success beefing up that area with some steel or other material? If anyone has links or pics, that would be great!
  6. J

bronco II/ranger bed question

I'm about to dig into my fuel gage issue on my 1990 B2 and I really like the idea of the access panel. My question is does the ranger have the same corrogated bed as the rear deck of the B2? I'm calling junkyards to cut some patch pieces but all I can find are rangers. Just wondering if they are...
  7. J

where to find replacement fuel tank float?

Just picked up a 90 B2 2.9 2WD and it has the common fuel gage problems that I've been reading here. The PO just recently replaced the tank, fuel pump and the sending unit, but he says, not the float. Is it possible to replace the sending unit without replacing the float? If so, where can I find...
  8. J

door weathershield..is it needed?

Just finished rebuilding my power window motors on my 90 B2, using the plastic gear plugs, they work like new now, yeah! My question is do I really need to reinstall the plastic film that covers the inside of the door? It came off in pieces, and I really don't see what benefit it has.
  9. J

swing away tire mounts and liftgate question

Just bought a 1990 Bronco II and I discovered there is/has been some considerable damage around the latch where the swing away tire mount attaches to the liftgate. I removed the interior trim panel and found that it had been previously repaired with fiberglass...Is this a fiberglass liftgate? Is...
  10. J

bronco II rear brake hose rubbing

Just purchased a 1990 Bronco II 2WD with a 2.9L. Just crawled under and found the rubber rear brake hose chafing against the driver's side hard brake hydraulic line. The rubber hose appears to be way too long, but it looks exactly like every picture I was able to find online. Is this just a...