•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. CurtisP87

1990 B2 302 swap

My B2 has a 2.9 with over 250k on it, never been rebuilt. Starts with the first turn of the key, every time. Runs and drives like a top. Gets better gas mileage with 6" of lift and 33s with 3.73s than my stock nissan pathfinder. The 2.9 isn't a POS, or a mistake. That being said, I'm doing...
  2. CurtisP87

d35 inner wheel bearing

I'm having a real bear of a time getting the inner wheel bearing/oil seal (on inside of rotor assembly) to come off...anybody have any advice, or pics, for how to get this out...?
  3. CurtisP87

Wooooo!!!!!!!!!

I found someone on craigslist the other day who was parting out a built explorer. I picked up the entire 8.8 and the 35 third member, both with detroit lockers and 4.56 gears. A big step up from the 3.73s and open diffs I've got now! :headbang: Anybody have any advice about general...
  4. CurtisP87

Bii with roll-down rear window?

As long as the window was secure enough to not rattle around, even having it down 3-4" would be enough to create a small draft and cool the cab a bit. Some sort of track would have to be fabbed, this is the part that I'm a little fuzzy on....perhaps when I've got some free time I'll try to get a...
  5. CurtisP87

Bii with roll-down rear window?

Has anyone seen or made for themselves a rear hatch with a motorized window? I'm curious if the opening/locking mechanism would even allow a window to be dropped into the hatch...any thoughts from the more fab-capable folks much appreciated! :icon_cheers:
  6. CurtisP87

rear hatch

Were Bii's ever offered with a rear window on a motor that rolls down into the hatch...? Id love to be able to roll it down when on the trails, it gets warm sometimes...
  7. CurtisP87

Newbie to B2's

First off, welcome to the world of RBVs! B2s have traditionally been overlooked by a lot of theoffroad community, but the people here have proven they're apretty capable little rig, and I love mine. The front axle being freshly rebuilt is a sign- it didn't hold up to the 33s. I would bet you...
  8. CurtisP87

electrical questions

Sounds like you should do a 4.0ohv swap....the hp gains aren't too huge, but the torque gains are excellent. You'll be able to take hills all day. You could probably get a decent 4.0 for less than a quality rebuild on the 2.8, depending where you live and who ya know.
  9. CurtisP87

B2 Mirror Swap

I hate my little black plastic mirrors, but I love em too. I've been through a few tight trails where I would have ripped those towing mirrors right off! :D
  10. CurtisP87

To remove or not to remove the front/rear sway bar?

I removed my rear sway bar, and made a quick disconnect for the front so I can disconnect it when wheeling. I feel better having the front one, as stability is a concern with these narrow wheelbase vehicles. That being said, just don't drive it like a sports car. Be conscious around curvy roads...
  11. CurtisP87

wider stance

Any cheap steelies with more offset than what yours have, and wider tires I'd say
  12. CurtisP87

T5 behind a 4.0?

Update: I contacted advance adapters with my question to see what they would say, making sure to ask about the improved torque from the 4.0 and how it would affect the adapter. The customer service rep that contacted me assured me that the extra torque wouldn't pose a structural problem for the...
  13. CurtisP87

T5 behind a 4.0?

Thats what I've been assuming the whole time I've been pondering the swap, but the writeup on T5-v6 in the library made sure to specify the adapter should only be used on the 2.9....id hate to spend the time rebuilding a 4.0 just to find out I need a new trans also! Maybe I can get in touch with...
  14. CurtisP87

T5 behind a 4.0?

Right now I've got a T5 behind my 2.9, with the advanced adapters parts. I've been thinking about a 4.0 swap, so I've been reading and researching as much on it as possible. The write up in the tech library states the adapter I've got now is only good for the 2.9, and AA doesn't offer anything...
  15. CurtisP87

Bronco 2 xlt project The rebirth of a bronco2xlt

Back to your original post.....the rear dana35 is used in jeeps, I don't think ford ever used them. The front dana35 is what's called a twin-traction beam (TTB), which is what it looks like you have.
  16. CurtisP87

F100 to 86 B2 swap

Here's my 2¢....buy the truck, get it back to running nice, then leave it alone, enjoy a big block on 38s! Then with the money you save from trying to make the Bii an F100, buy a first gen explorer....put the 4.0, axles, and m50d into the Bii, and voila! You have two awesome trucks!
  17. CurtisP87

interior changes . . .

I don't have any pics uploaded of it, but I took all the seats/carpet out of the tub and lined the inside with herculiner (made for truck beds, available at most auto stores). I've been really happy with it. Clean up after wheeling is as easy as wiping the floor with a wet rag, mud cleans right...
  18. CurtisP87

Questions about the article about the K&N filter for B2 in tech library

All that extra air coming in the air intake won't do anything at all if you don't have the engine CNC Ported to be able to get all that air, and upgrade the exhaust to get rid ofall that air...the bottleneck is in the engine itself, not the air intake. IMO you'd be better served getting the K&N...
  19. CurtisP87

Computer issues??

Sounds like that's the only thing you haven't changed already, hopefully you've zeroed in on the problem! :icon_cheers:
  20. CurtisP87

88 Bronco II 4.0 Swap

Check out the tech library, there's loads of info on the 4.0 swap. Also lots of info on the D35/8.8 swap if you found yourself a whole donor vehicle. Edit: If you did find a donor vehicle, I think the easiest thing to do would be swap the engine, computer and dash into the b2. The dash would...