•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. Roger

2.3 in a B2? Anyone done this?

Bringing this thread back from the dead. I recently found a 84 B2 without engine and trans, owner was planning a V8 swap and ran out of patience... Last summe, my son and I stripped the 90 Ranger and installed EVERYTHING from his 94 Explorer. Fun truck, and does get a little better MPG than...
  2. Roger

What do I need to remove for a d28/d35 swap?

You might give some thought to using a 97 Ranger D35 setup so you get better brakes. I'm considering a B2 project and IF I keep the TTB it will be a 97 setup specifically for those brakes.
  3. Roger

HID's in my 86 B2

GO to www.theretrofitsource.com for as much info as you can handle for HID retro fitting. I intend to do a swap into my 95 Grand Cherokee as soon as I can scrape the $300 bones together...
  4. Roger

2.9 v6 swap to a 2.3?

Sounds like a plan! Sorry about the thread jack.
  5. Roger

2.9 v6 swap to a 2.3?

Nope, looking for an early B2 with dead motor or trans. So I can swap the 2.3 and 5 speed into. Overall plan is not a speed demon, or a monster wheeler. Just a fun cruiser. Thanks for the info on the crossmember, nice to know my fabbed 2.3 mounts would drop in. As mentioned, we took the...
  6. Roger

2.9 v6 swap to a 2.3?

Since I'm considering doing the same thing, I like the idea. We yanked the running 2.3 and 5 speed from our 90 Ranger a couple weeks ago, so we could transplant an Explorer 40 and A4LD in instead. More power. But now I am looking for an early B2 for the 2.3. Is it a bit less power? Sure...
  7. Roger

2.3 in a B2? Anyone done this?

I have a 90 Ranger with 2.3 and 5 speed. Its likely going to be swapped out for a Explorer 4.0 and A4LD. Has anyone put a 2.3 in a B2? I don't need it as a trail monster, or a speed demon. Looking to chop the top and make it a nice weather cruiser.
  8. Roger

Stone crusher steering system

Might fab something like this if I keep the TTB... But I also don't like heim joints in single shear.
  9. Roger

90' BII Rebuild----->> Build-up

I like it...
  10. Roger

I can't find a brake replacement thread

Done. Not real hard. Just different than what I'm used to is all. Plenty of synthetic grease for the slides. Next time I'll replace the slides though. Well, off to the local racetrack for the Teraflex All Jeep show... Rocks and ramps and vendors yippee!!!
  11. Roger

I don't have it apart yet, but 94 Explorer 4x4. Wanted to have an idea what I was getting into before I dig in in the morning...
  12. Roger

Neither here or at Explorer forum. I need to replace the brake pads on my 94 Explorer and I can't find a thread showing how to work with the slide pins. I've done lots of other brakes but never these... Pics very helpful...
  13. Roger

doors off

Which takes the place of your roof...
  14. Roger

doors off

Doors only provide structure when hit in the sides. Otherwise the latches and hinges would be a LOT more robust. I've covered a lot of accidents and doors aren't that much structure. And there isn't that much extra reinforcement in the door frames of Wranglers. That aside, I see a good...
  15. Roger

Bronco II complete drivetrain swap

The first gen 'Sploders had the A4LD. You want the overdrive. Really. Since the B2 is a lot lighter than the 'sploders, the A4LD ought to be a little better. And if you already have one in your B2, the ones in the 'Sploders area little beefier than early ones. Now that I've had one apart...
  16. Roger

looking at a 1994 Explorer

The 4.0 is a good stout motor. I just bought a 94 with 191,000 on it and it idles smooth, has great power, doesn't smoke at idle or off throttle. I got the truck for REALLY cheap, the trans was dead. I threw a small pile of parts at the trans (my first trans rebuild!!), and its doing fine...
  17. Roger

CB antenna mount on Explorer

I run a mag mount on my Grnad Cherokee until I figure out something better. And my son does the same on his 94 Explorer...
  18. Roger

Another $50 Paint Job

Painted my daughter's XJ with John Deere Yellow tractor paint. Tough stuff. $30 a gallon at the local ranch store. Also painted the Ranger with 2 quarts camo paint for the same store, $10/qt. Prep and paint for both trucks was less than $100, even factoring in sandpaper, plastic, tape and...
  19. Roger

Finally chopping the top

I like that... Check the late 80s early 90s Nissan trucks, they have a small side window that goes up over the top edge of the roof too... Don't know how close in contours it would be though.