•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. W

Unkown Clicking Sound?!

1989 Bronco II with 1992 Explorer 4.0, Dana 35, (godawful) A4LD, Auto Hubs, and BW1350 Electrical T-Case. After replacing the front brakes, the vehicle began clicking, and was especially noticeable when coasting. The sound is difficult to pinpoint from the cabin, as we (my dad and I) can't...
  2. W

d28/d35 swap

I know that I need to have the front drive shaft shortened from the Dana 28 but what is the length of that need to be? I know that I need to have 1 1/2 in. removed from the driveshaft.
  3. W

Transmission Swap?

I have an A4LD and a 4.0 in my B2, and want a manual. which would be the easiest to install? M50D, T-5, or FM146? I'm on a tight budget too!
  4. W

A4LD to M50D?

I have an 89 B2 with a 1992 Explorer 4.0. Can i get an M50D to replace the A4LD? What all is required? How difficult is it?
  5. W

Bronco ii camping adventure

Love to see another member of both the ENOnation and the Bronco II family:headbang::headbang::headbang:
  6. W

Dana 35 Front Drive Shaft

I'm trying to figure out if the old front driveshaft that came with my vehicle (uninstalled) is a Dana 35's or a 28's. I measured it at 32 7/8 inches long. Any help is much appreciated
  7. W

Transmission Shift arm

in the process of the 4.0 swap, keeping the 89 A4LD, and for some reason the arm coming off the transmission where the shift cable connects (added info incase i named it wrong) is upwards in Neutral instead of down, is it because the transmission could be from an Aerostar or is my tranny SOL...
  8. W

Transmission Woes

Well, after breaking the first 89 A4LD, and using the successfully mounting the second A4LD that came with the vehicle when purchased, my father and I realized that the shift lever was not facing towards the ground as it should, but up towards the floorboards of the Bronco II. We disassembled...
  9. W

1992 Explorer front driveshaft removal

Ok, long story short, its cheaper here where i am to purchase a used explorer front driveshaft for my Dana 35 conversion. i got the three of the four bolts out, the three that use the star tool, and how do you get the one that is a regular hex bolt out, or is that bolt just filled with rust and...
  10. W

Transfer Case And Driveshaft

Anyone know what type or have pictures of the bolts for the front and rear driveshaft?
  11. W

4.0 Conversion Fuel Line Help!

Converting a 89 BII to 92 Exp. The fuel lines for the explorer are female, so my dad decided to cut them from another Explorer (we don't have a donor vehicle) and cut them right after the male connector behind the fuel filter. now we have a problem of transferring the male of the Explorer to the...
  12. W

92/91 Explorer Differences?

Anyone know if the harnesses between the 91 and 92 explorers are different? Im going from a 89 B2 to a 92 Exp 4.0. I saw a wiring guide on the Corral and i wanna see if it can help me with the wiring and vacuum lining
  13. W

1989 BII 2.9- 1992 Explorer Wiring Help!

Well, as the title states, I need help with the wiring and vacuum hoses to complete the swap. I have not seen an 89-92 conversion but has anyone else done this with the same model years, if so, please help!
  14. W

4.0 Install!

Ah, the time has finally come for my 1992 Explorer 4.0 to be dropped into my 89 BII.:yahoo: It's just me and my father working on it so any hints and tips will be gratefully excepted. The engine has the transmission mated to it and we will be dropping the whole assembly in. What should we watch...
  15. W

Lifting BII's For Cheap?

Ok, i am 15, building a 89 BII, i want about a 2-3 inch lift, besides the stuff on the tech pages, is there any secrets to cheap lifting?:icon_confused::icon_bounceblue:
  16. W

Paint Options and other questions

First, a local shop is having a deal for $270 base price paint jobs, so I'm rushing to earn the money and get my BII running, so now i have a possible issue: either way, I will black out the truck, so should I do gloss or satin? My friend's dad is taking his '70s Suburban to be painted OD Satin...
  17. W

Ford Racing Motor?

Has anyone ever gotten a Ford Racing Crate Motor and put it in a BII or other RBV? I was looking at M-6007-X302B*, a 302 with about 345 hp, or even better the M-6007-Z363RT*, which has a displacement of 363 and about 500 hp. If i had the money and time, i would find a way to do it, but for now i...
  18. W

Paint Scheme?

I was originally going to black it out, but the color scheme has grown on me, i do like whoever used an original Bronco grill and the basic FORD like a ranger on the hatch. its simple but if i did that, the grill would be black and FORD would be outlined in a 'ghost' grey or a white! Oh and does...