•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. B

1988 Bronco II no start

Yes, pressure is good and it will fire with starter fluid
  2. B

1988 Bronco II no start

Well, I am back. Finally got a little time to do a little work on the Bronco. She finally has new spark plugs. Still no start but I sprayed a little carb cleaner in the throttle body and she wants to fire. Any thoughts on what I should check next? I'm thinking maybe the fuel injectors might...
  3. B

1988 Bronco II no start

Any idea what this goes to? It is just hanging out in the engine bay. Feels like it should plug into something. Drivers side.
  4. B

1988 Bronco II no start

I'm honestly not sure of much on this thing. So im kind of checking everything as i go. When I bought it the last owner had started working on the fuel system because the lines were cracked. He had bought a new fuel tank and new fuel pumps. When I got those in and new lines the fuel pumps...
  5. B

1988 Bronco II no start

Well, turns out it was the wire on the fuse link at the wire bundle near the TFI. The wire was broken inside the sheathing. Now I have a check engine light when I turn the key on. Fuel pumps are firing up. I got a partial ignition but still no start. Guess it is time to check the ignition system.
  6. B

1988 Bronco II no start

Well, don't have a radii right now but I get the little seat belt light, turn signal indicators work as well. All other lights work too like headlights and so do gauges.
  7. B

1988 Bronco II no start

Evening all. Looking for a little help. Picked up a Bronco II a while back as a project. Had to focus on other things but I'm back to trying to get her running again. When I first picked it up I put in a new fuel tank, lines and fuel pumps. My current issue is that I don't seem to be getting...
  8. B

Fuel issues continue...

Not wanting to hijack anybody else's thread. But.. you posted this to Broncogirl. " So test tan/lt grn as follows. Remove fuel pump relay. Test light between B+ and tan/ lt grn wire. Watch the light... turn key to ON position. Test light should illuminate for approx 2 or 3 seconds and go...
  9. B

Fuel issues continue...

Picked up a pressure gauge and i learned a couple more things today. 1. I have a leak on the return line. I'm starting to lose faith in these quick connect couplers. On the plus side i have fuel in the return line. 2.. if I jump the relay 3 to 4 I get 40 psi at the rail. If I just crank the...
  10. B

Fuel issues continue...

Woohoo!! I have fuel!!! Still not sure if the pressure is enough but I have fuel. Oh.. but she still won't start but I think I'm a step closer.
  11. B

Fuel issues continue...

Definitely looking like a better idea by the minute. I might have to rethink this. This is a lot of extra parts to worry about.
  12. B

Fuel issues continue...

Where abouts would this canister be located?
  13. B

Fuel issues continue...

I'll check that out. There definitely isn't any kind of canister in between. 🤔
  14. B

Fuel issues continue...

Got it. I knew there would be sole pressure just 40psi. I will get a gauge and check it out. Unfortunately getting the lines connected problem did not resolve the issue. 😖
  15. B

Fuel issues continue...

Ya.. the problem is that the PO had already torn all the fuel lines out and had started some of this. I followed what he had but it was backwards.. i think. So.. I guess to check myself, I have fuel delivery coming from the tank to the high pressure fuel pump, to fuel filter to rail.. then from...
  16. B

Fuel issues continue...

Well, think I might have just found my issue. Think I swapped the lines at the tank. Going to fix that and I'll report back. Probably under a different name so I can keep posting here. 😳
  17. B

Fuel issues continue...

Will there be a pressure reading if the vehicle isn't running?
  18. B

Fuel issues continue...

So how does one confirm that it is indeed pumping?
  19. B

Fuel Pump Relay Testing

Good job so far Broncogirl! Hope you figure it out soon. (y)
  20. B

What did you do to your Bronco today?

I dribbled sweat on the engine bay and I liked it. :giggle: oh! And I found out my BII will crank without a key. 🤫