•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

03 mustang gt motor in a B2?

maddawg87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
hey guys ive got a 2003 mustang gt that i am no longer satisfied with and i cant get rid of it because my loan is for 9500 bux. It only has 55k on the car but the previous owner(girl) got it into an accident. i was thinking maybe putting that motor and trans in the b2 because i love my b2 and when i cut the top it will be just like a convertible like my mustang. is this idea even remotely possible? as far as the stang body i would just sell it for parts afterwards. plus how much do you think something like this would cost for a shop to do?

country0001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Sounds like it would cost a shop quite a bit. Anything can be done with enough money

Original_Ranger84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Yeah it would probably cost alot for the shop to do but you might be able to just have them remove the old one and install the new one... As in you remove all the lines and wires and stuff and send it to them they take out the old motor trans and swap in the the new one then give it back and you wire it up and attach lines...

maddawg87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
naw i would want a turn key deal where i drive one car there and tow the other there and then they do all the work. i am just wondering if the motor would even fit. i mean my gt motor looks huge compared to the 2.9. and im am not sure if advanced adapters make a kit for my transfer case to bolt up to that trans.?

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I dunno, that's the 4.6 isn't it? I don't think the 4.6 fits in the RBVs well, especially the first gen. Its too wide at the apex of the V. I dunno if there's an adapter for that trans to t-case.

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Its been done before.

But it's going to cost you one of these and one of these

An arm and a leg

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Exactly. Like country said, anything can be done with enough time and money. Key there, time, and money.

kemicalburns

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
think about it like this. a normal engine replacement at a shop will range anywhere from $1500-3500 and thats for pulling and replacing with same engine type.

you know what all is involved when doing a 5.0 swap i would assume. the 4.6 is a totally different beast, much wider then a 302 motor not to mention all the electrical. I would suspect to accomplish this swap will run you $5000-8000 depending on the shop. but the cool factor would be there for sure.