•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1989 FX4 BII, resto-mod project

Boggin

Reaction score
Also realized the rear leafs are sagged so they are bent the opposite way they're supposed to be. I'm trying to decide if I should put in a set of 2" blocks along with the leaf pack I have from a ranger, but I think once I put in the new leafs the rear will raise up a nice bit since the old ones are so bad. Guess I'll just put the leafs in place and lodge her down on them to see if they ate high enough, I don't want the rear to sit up much higher than the front, or any for that matter, but the rear is a bit lower now due to the leafs. But then again I. I might put I the new leafs with the 2"blocks and level the front 2" while I'm at it, just the alignment part sucks since she's not on the road yet and I'm not trailering it to town to get it aligned, f that

MountainMike

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
245 CID
do you guys have a plate transfer rule there? When I was fixing up my 93 I was able to drive it around using the 98's plate for 1 week. Gave me the time to get the windshield in and front end work sorted out.

Boggin

Reaction score
got a deal lined up with krousinoffroad for a 6" BDS lift.. should be getting it soon!

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
got a deal lined up with krousinoffroad for a 6" BDS lift.. should be getting it soon!
uh oh... lil b2 is gonna grow up.

krousinoffroad seems like a great guy, i've talked to him a good bit on here.

Boggin

Reaction score
yes sir! i might have to take the 33x12.50 m/ts off my 79 for now,, id really like 33x10.50s but new tires are lots of money lol

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
Also realized the rear leafs are sagged so they are bent the opposite way they're supposed to be. I'm trying to decide if I should put in a set of 2" blocks along with the leaf pack I have from a ranger, but I think once I put in the new leafs the rear will raise up a nice bit since the old ones are so bad. Guess I'll just put the leafs in place and lodge her down on them to see if they ate high enough, I don't want the rear to sit up much higher than the front, or any for that matter, but the rear is a bit lower now due to the leafs. But then again I. I might put I the new leafs with the 2"blocks and level the front 2" while I'm at it, just the alignment part sucks since she's not on the road yet and I'm not trailering it to town to get it aligned, f that
my leaves look like an upside down w. my aal arches the main, then the eyes curve down lol

Boggin

Reaction score
fixed a power steering leak and took her out for her first sensible ride after got that fixed and she hauled ass up to 5th, better than any other 2.9s i had and kicks my 3.0s ass!.. and i love the short wheel base, i done a couple donuts in a very tight space where the ranger would never think about doing. and i never checked the door code but im pretty sure shes l/s, shes posi almost all the time.. cant wait to get the 6" lift on her with the 33s! going to be an animal

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Can't wait to see the progress, subscribed.

Boggin

Reaction score
put on the light bar that was on my 79 and on my old b2, and took off the grill cover, will prob leave it off.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Mazda
Engine Size
put on the light bar that was on my 79 and on my old b2, and took off the grill cover, will prob leave it off.

looks really nice with that light bar man!
and yeah leave the grille without cover LOL

94xlt4.0

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9, 4.0
the b2 looks good, it is hard to find a decent b2 anymore. even mine has some rust behind the passenger front fender and its a california car since it was sold. seems like the pile of parts in the back is common on them too, except mine was the engine parts, lol. keep up the good work

kroussinoffroad

October 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ferd
Engine Size
HAhaha when we picked up the dirty white boy project the backend was full too, full of firewood.

Boggin

Reaction score
So ill soon be taking the d35 out of the ranger and putting a d28 back in her so ill have a d35 to put in the b2 when i install the susp lift. might starting swaping diffs in the ranger tomorrow.

I wonder will I be the first person to swap a D35 for a D28 in a ranger? haha.

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
looks like shit cut that thing up.......

i probably would:thefinger:

Boggin

Reaction score
**** it, never swapped axles with the ranger today. im just gonna build the D35 diff i have here from an explorer. im gonna start saving up and get some 4.56s for the rear, then some for the front. and the d35 im using needs rad arms, one side is cut up so i figure its a perfect excuse to make some extended arms. how much longer over stock should i go? 10"?

i dont really wanna get into making trans crossmembers if i can help it, but what has to be done, has to be done.

today i noticed there was a rough spot on the edge of the hood that i only noticed because the trouble light was lodged down right next to it. so i figured it might be more visible when its painted so i whipped out some bondo that i bought for the 79.

its basicly just fiberglass. its kind of a bitch to work with too.

its green in the can, when you mix it with the cream hardener it turns red and looks like this after you **** around trying to get it all applied properly.

then after it drys it looks more like this

i never got around to sanding it yet

also have a problem with the tcase not engaging, dont matter if its in 2hi, 4hi, neutral, or 4lo, its always in 2hi. i think the linkage could be ****ed up, not even the 4x4 dash lights come on.

Boggin

Reaction score
its the first time i ever done my own body work. i helped my brother on his ranger a couple times tho but nothing real serious. i loved doing it

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
My dad makes fun of me bc I enjoy it.. I guess bc it's a hobby for me yet a job for him