•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1989 FX4 BII, resto-mod project

Boggin

Reaction score
i have no idea. i wont be doing them myself, im gonna get a buddy to do them that used to make sets for whoever asked him. i dont know his theory but ive seen several of his sets around and working for years on years. im just going to make the mounts

Boggin

Reaction score
havent been doin much lately. put on a muffler so finally it sounds nice and quiet and not like a loud pos. i was at my buddys shop and he told me since its an suv and the exhaust is under the passenger area, i need to have a tailpipe. but i wouldnt if it was on a pickup and the muffler was under the bed. so ill soon put on the tail pipe i got here kickin around for it (came off a fulsize truck, not sure what kind, but out of the 3 i had to choose from i picked this one because it had the biggest diameter tube and it might make the sound a little deeper than the smaller tube would.
i also heard rumor of a guy down the road from me who is selling a hydraulic ramp so i might see if i can get that one for the garage.

Boggin

Reaction score
scrapped a spare tcase today of every single part inside and out. plan on making a doubler.

also took the tcase shifter off the b2 cause i planned on extending it 3" since its right down in the floor with the body lift on her, and when i took the shifter off i started getting ideas and ended up welding on a 1" wrench for the shifter, got the idea from punishers rig. sorry but i still cant find my camera lol

kris97ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 4.2 litre
ah jeeze man! you know pics or it didnt happen lol. you ever decide on a paint?

Boggin

Reaction score
found the camera under the seat of the B2 when looking for my phone, so i got lots of pics, even a couple of a bit of wheeling

Boggin

Reaction score
tcase shifter

mommy bought some decorations lol

start of doubler

Boggin

Reaction score
not much of an update, but a guy i know has a body shop and he can paint the b2 for $120, but hes not gonna be home for another month so ill have her painted then.

bought a sander today to sand the b2 for the final time since the other sander took a shit on me.

and since the b2 is going to be army green, i bought 2 cans of army green to paint some misc stuff like the front drag links, knuckles, with the rest of the axle in black, and on the rear do the diff cover in the army green, might do the push bar too. and whatever else comes to mind, i dont wanna cheese it up too much though

Boggin

Reaction score
hooked the winch on to the top bar of the push bar on my 88 ranger and lifted her up around 2" to see what it will look like with the new coils, and i love it, just need the 2" rear blocks put in and ill be more than happy with it.

also threw some paint on the front chassis, axles, rad support, engine cross member, and drag link. pics dont do it justice, i love it. i can lay on the ground and stare at it all night.

Boggin

Reaction score
started adding more steel to the bumper yesterday till i ran out of tubing, so i bought some more today, 5 feet of 1.5"x1/4" and 2 feet of flat bar 2"x1/4", came to a total of 15 bucks. and I bought some tow hooks to add on there, the are 10,000lbs each and costs 21.99. and they are bling!

pics of bumper progress coming later this evening

to be continued..

rockin86ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.0L,2.9L
dont use a power sander for a final sand down, you will get waves like crazy. either use a straight line sander or a block.

if you are sanding with 600 grit or finer like you should be you can just tri-fold it and hand sand it, and remember wet sanding is your friend.

and before you start sanding it you need wash that think like 3 times, you dont want dirt in your sand paper

blackwidow67

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
started adding more steel to the bumper yesterday till i ran out of tubing, so i bought some more today, 5 feet of 1.5"x1/4" and 2 feet of flat bar 2"x1/4", came to a total of 15 bucks. and I bought some tow hooks to add on there, the are 10,000lbs each and costs 21.99. and they are bling!

pics of bumper progress coming later this evening to be continued..

thats a bunch of BULL :D :D :D :D

kroussinoffroad

October 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ferd
Engine Size
lookin good.

Just my .02 cent's but when it comes to tow hook's i perfer the style with the spring steel keeper to keep recovery gear from coming off. that's also why I use clevis's now.

Boggin

Reaction score
lookin good.

Just my .02 cent's but when it comes to tow hook's i perfer the style with the spring steel keeper to keep recovery gear from coming off. that's also why I use clevis's now.
thanks kevin
i like those too but the shop i bought the steel from never had any of those with the keepers so these will do

Boggin

Reaction score
havent made much progress lately. bought a 60" hi-lift and got a sweet deal at $79.99 since im a good customer at that store lol. also my brother bought me 4 of these lights for my birthday, actually he sent mom the money and she picked them up since hes up in alberta for a couple months at work. but same deal.

got a pic of hte lights but it dont wanna upload, ill keep trying

Boggin

Reaction score
also got something AWESOME in the mail, not saying anything till i get the pics up later!