•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

4 Door BII ideas and sugestions

85broncduece

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
171ci v6
ok I know I can go out and buy an exploder, but I like the look of the BII rear windows any idea on what chassis set up would be ideal.my plan would be to cut the front off of the bronco at the fenders and graft :icon_welder: the cab of a ranger xtra cab cut behind the doors onto the front. or would i be better off using another BII. :icon_confused:but any ways wouldnt it be cool just to have what ford didnt wanna do...instead we got the explorer nothin wrong with em but I really like those bronco windows.:icon_cheers:

MrE_Powers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
might be easier cutting a 91-94 explorer body in half after the doors and the same with the b2, or cutting out the window sections and welding the b2 section on to a explorer.

Brownie Mobile

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Well after obtaining decades of welding and body work experience, id start with finding a good donor vehichle that has doors that go over the wheels wells. The rear door needs to come up right to the rear of the door on the front of course and also somehow youd have to blend the body lines to the back. IDK i think almost no matter what it would look bad, i only say that because ive rolled the idea through my head several several times before and cant really find the right line of thought if i think of something ill post here again.

85broncduece

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
171ci v6
I was kinda thinkin of doing it simalar to the 60s dodge 4 door trcks how they had that triangle shaped peice of sheet metal betwen the door windows kinda like this
Im leanin twards 2 bIIs as well due to the lines in the roof w/ xtra cab long bed frame maybee. im gonna take some measurements of the neighbors truck its a 95 I think.

85broncduece

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
171ci v6
Been tossing the idea arround again. wife gave me the go ahead:icon_thumby: so im on the look out for a couple of b2s that will get the ax:icon_welder: I have a couple drawings when i can remember my password to photo bucket. But I think filling in the section inbetween the windows wouldnt be too hard. Or maybee a vent wing window? Ill start a build thread once I get my victims.

country0001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
If you wanted square doors, you could always get an extra set of doors and graft the passenger side onto the drivers side and vice versa. I think Gwaii did something like that in one of his build threads. Might check his stuff out for inspiration.

PlumCrazy

Solid Axle Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
BTW, long bed SuperCab Rangers don't exist.

-PlumCrazy

Last edited:

85broncduece

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
171ci v6
BTW, long bed SuperCab Rangers don't exist.

-PlumCrazy
Aware of that. But with a welder, torch n a grider anything is possible. your imagination is the only thing in your way.:icon_thumby:

85broncduece

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
171ci v6
If you wanted square doors, you could always get an extra set of doors and graft the passenger side onto the drivers side and vice versa. I think Gwaii did something like that in one of his build threads. Might check his stuff out for inspiration.
Gonna look into this just need a good glass shop to make new windows.Shouldnt be too much the the windows are prety flat.

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
Maybe suicide doors?

Twister

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985, 1987
Vehicle
Duh
Engine Size
2.8L, 2.9L
Could you swap a first gen B2 front end onto a first gen 2 door explorer? You would have the upgraded drive train with a similar look of the B2 :icon_idea:

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
BIGGER
cut down vent window doors with backed pillars with them opening suicide style.

this is the plan i am working on for a four seat ranger, it will actually be a modded b2:D

hard to part with my cab....but its turning to dust on me.

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Aware of that. But with a welder, torch n a grider anything is possible. your imagination is the only thing in your way.:icon_thumby:
The budget (or lack thereof) is in my way.

Also, I don't have a welder.