•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

86 bronco II build

n_bannerman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
do you have any better pictures of the rear bumper? it looks simple yet effective. what did you use for material?

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
youd be alot better off with a regular drop bracket for the pasenger beam instead of the drop plate. will flex better and wont have to worry about putting a hole in the diff.

it looks good, i like the low cog look

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford

The material was some 1 and 1/4 schedule 40 pipe. I used the stock bumper brackets just notched them. With the notches i took out i used them as gussets to brace it a little more. The D shackles are from harbor freight. Used some 7014 rod to burn them in on the stock brackets.
I was thinking of getting the super lift or skyjacker lift brackets but since i have a welder , i figured that i could mod them to clear the diff and save some money in order to order the viair air compressor system i want to mount on it.

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Put some paint on the truck let me know what ya think

Haven't done anything to the truck got an electric fan that was given to me by my girlfriend and going to be doing a fan shroud for it out of 20 gauge sheet metal. Beyond that im strapped for cash so mods will have to wait again.

Il Brutto

02/2011 STOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
The stars at night...nice rig man. Any updates?

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Well there is a few updates

-Did a 3 in body lift to it since we found the v8 engine trans and tcase that are eventually going to get swapped into it.
-16in electric fan
-4.88 gears got them on a great deal new
-i bought a mini spool but ended up not putting it in yet
- got all the material to do the roof rack and rock sliders and do an addition for a spare tire carrier and get rid of the stock one since it cant handle 37s
- got 2 full size spares
- hid kit
- also bought a tailgate i am going to be cutting the hatch toward the middle and do a half hatch tailgate combo so i have the good of both sides
:icon_bounceblue:

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I will take some pics of it on Friday, I will be building the rock sliders first , will be starting on them on Friday, hopefully finish them asap. :icon_welder:

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
here is some pics with the body lift on, look it for a long drive today to make sure the new electric fan worked good and yup kept it very cool.

only bad part is that the steering gear box is leaking so bad that i have no power steering.:sad:

have to finish up the rocksliders soon will be welded on :icon_welder:

pwrranger88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
what did you do for fender wells in the rear after cutting so much off the rear fenders?

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
welded in a strip of metal and outlined it with expandable foam to it could be more water tight. :icon_thumby: