•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

'86 Bronco II Eddie Bauer Restore.........

lil red

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
ya i know what you guys mean about waiting,ive had my ranger for just over 2 years, and all i have done is breaks,atleast you guys are just waiting on parts
im waiting for money for parts and a job

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Reaction score
i have a budget, so i have to scrounge up parts....no going over or the fiance will kick my arse..

94STXRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 302
Ha in the same spot with my girlfriend^! Nice b2 though. Looking at your truck, this thing should be awesome.

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
Here is my yesterday's work.....

This is my $20 parts lot from the local junk yard: (the clutch/brake pedal assembly was a PITA to get out...i spend 1.5 hours on it where i only spend .5 hours on the other parts:crazy:)

Then I installed most of the parts....the only picture i took was of the antenna...and then i broke it off inside the base by tightening it too tight....anyone know how to get that out?

Before:

After:

Then I mounted my antenna for the CB.......

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
Update:

Ordered tires & wheels this morning for the BII....

- Tire Rack had a KILLER deal on 31x10.50x15 BFG A/T's that I couldn't pass up...they had 3 of the QR speed rated versions for $75 each.....I got them and then 2 of the S speed rated BFG A/T's for $129 each.....The different speed rating didn't mean anything to me since i will never have the Bronco anywhere near those speeds:crazy:...so i got 5 tires for $587.47 shipped...

- I got 5 Cragar Soft 8 Series 397 wheels, Cragar rear closed center caps, Cragar open front center caps, and 20 chrome lug nuts for $285.65 shipped from Jegs

All parts should be here by Wednesday....can't wait!

danger88ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
likin it, cant wait to see them on there

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
me either!

i hope they fit on the stock suspension for now....atleast till i get my 4" lift...

compleckz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
hey just an fyi, you might want to throw a coat of clear coat over those center caps, i know the ones i got rusted within a year :mad:

oh and i have the same wheels! much nicer looking than the 'wagon wheel' steelies :icon_thumby:

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
hey just an fyi, you might want to throw a coat of clear coat over those center caps, i know the ones i got rusted within a year :mad:

oh and i have the same wheels! much nicer looking than the 'wagon wheel' steelies :icon_thumby:
i am going to wax the wheels tonight....i will grab some clear coat and put on them also!

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
I got the tires and wheels mounted, but they will not fit on the BII until I get the 4" lift kit on....Hopefully it will go on Friday...

I put on the Ranger 4.0 4wd coil springs I had off my old '97....it raised the front end exactly 1".....

I also put on a CARR light bar (like the KC light bar)....I will be ordering lights and other misc stuff for the lift kit on Monday! I got the CARR light bar for $95 shipped from http://www.car-stuff.com/carparts/fordexplorer19912001carrc2221034161790.html ....i recommend them, I had it in 2 days with regular ground shipping....

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
for those of you who think the light bars stick up too high, it only sticks up 1" off the cab...

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
i was able to clear 31 11.5 15 TSL's with only a 1 inch spacer up front and a 2 inch block out back just so you know. i only rub at FULL stuff in the rear(hammered in the lip on the rear wells and it fixed that) and dident rub at all up front. my rims came with the tires but i assume they are soft 8s or rock crawlers.

Danger-Ranger96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
I can't wait to see the lift in it,

Man even just thinking about it, i wouldn't mind finding an older B2 and fixing it up like this, the only problem for me right now is cash heh

Looking good though!

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
the only place it rubs is at the back lower part of the fender when i am turning.....

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
Yesterday (3/30/2008) i put on the back 2 new BFG's because one of the tires blew that came on the BII.....I also used a Meguires 3 step wax on the drivers rear quarter and the back hatch....it was an amazing improvement....a little black paint on the frame never hurt anyone...

Befor black paint yesterday:

After black paint:

See the difference:

Today (3/31/2008) I started the tear down for the front lift.....i called the place that did my Ranger 4 years ago (they did it then for $150) and they wanted $400 now so i am doing it.....I am really surprised the bolts are coming out without hardly any force....no impact, or no cheater bars...they are coming out like a new truck.....i think the odometer which says 68000 is more accurate than 168,000....my Ranger was a PITA when we installed the front gears.....the lift isn't susposed to be here till Thursday....here is todays work:

My Superunner steering setup waiting for the lift!

94STXRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 302
Lookin good. I need to get my pics up of my lift, yeah i finally got that thing on! How much lift are you doing?

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
that light bar will fit a 89 and 90 ranger wont it? im at school so i cant take a look at the link you posted

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
I am doing a 4" lift....i wish i hadn't sold that 5.5" lift to you!

that light bar will fit any Bronco II or Ranger....but the '93+ Rangers require the gutter mount kit...

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
4/1/2008 UPDATE....

I got the axle completely out thanks to the help of a buddy....we dropped it down on a creeper so we could roll it out as a whole.....Again, the bolts have been super easy to get out.....

here is the driver side beam bracket.......it bolted on which was REALLY nice...

i am starting the grinding tomorrow.....i have only 6 rivits to get out....makes my job easier....can't wait to get the lift....I am going to paint EVERYTHING with a couple good coats of black....

Kdawg532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6 God's gift to man
holy damn dude that thing is clean as hell, was it garage kept?