•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

'86 Bronco II Eddie Bauer Restore.........

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Reaction score
nope.....the previous owner had it setting outside.....

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
I got the passenger side drop bracket off....grinding the rivets wasn't bad....when i got all 4 ground off, i just smacked the bracket and it popped off....

I also got the radius arm cross member off....the passenger side was 100% bolted on and the driver side had 2 bolts and 2 rivets....pissed me off....i couldn't get the angle grinder to 1 of the rivets so i just cut the bracket even with the frame until i replace the body mount bushings and then i can get the angle grinder in there to the rivet....

the person in these pictures is my buddy helping me.....

I got a box of goodies from Summit today.....man i was happy to see this stuff......

- 4 Skyjacker shocks
- ProComp pitman arm
- BellTech 6400 Chevy drop shackles
- 4 KC Daylighter 100w lights

I got the lights mocked up to the bar.....i need to take the bar off and tighten them down and re-install the bar....

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
:icon_hornsup::drool: it looks awesome

94STXRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 302
That light bar looks bad a##. Now i want one thanks, o and thanks for not keeping the lift! Im lovin it.still need to put the shackles on and bring the back up some though. Good luck with that pitman arm, i bent two removal tools in class before cutting it about half way down and putting on a beefy round GM removal tool. That finally did it, but if it didnt my teacher was suggesting cutting the arm at an angle in just to the splines to relieve it, then try pulling it off. Looking good man!

Destroyer000

January 2009 STOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
that truck looks better an better ... iam liking the combo you decided to go with .. have any plans to get it repainted like the ranger?

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments fella's...

I am going to do a little paint work myself this summer on the hood and the top.... other than that, it wont get painted for a couple years...

danger88ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
How much did that light bar cost you? I'm lookin to get a light bar for my rig once its rollin again.

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
This is the weekend end update (4-6-2008):

I started Saturday off at around 9:30am. I was working by myself because my help was on his way to Illinois to pick up his "new" Bronco II (I will post up pictures later).

So working by myself, I got as much done as humanly possibly by myself in about 9 hours with the occational time having to run to get things. Here is How I left the truck on Saturday night at 6:30pm:

This is what I did on Saturday. The lift brackets where a little rust when I got them, so I cleaned them up a bit.

Cleaned up and installed brackets!

What is the bracket for? You guessed her chester...

I had to modify my driver side radius arm bracket because there was NO way to get to the upper body mount rivet. So I figured that the bolt that went through the frame and bracket for the parking brake cable would do suffice, I did this:

This is the mounted pictures of the brackets:

Here is some springs to compare. The shorter one is a stock 4.0 Ranger spring and the longer one (from what I was told) is a 4" James Duff springs. After further review, the lift spring is about 6" longer than the stock Ranger spring. I think I have a 6" lift. Pictures of Sunday's work will show why.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, I got the new James Duff brake lines installed, and got the front wrapped up. My help was back today so it was nice. I have to order new shocks because the shocks I got where for a 4" lift kit, and I do believe I have a 6" kit. I haven't measured, but it definately isn't 4". I think it is an older Superlift 5.5" kit.

Old brake lines vs. new brake lines:

Pitman arm comparison:

There was a lot of this consumed in the last 2 days:

OOO....Nice steering!

Got her off the jack stands ready for tires/wheels:

Look at that front end height! Woo Hoo!

I am starting on the rear tomorrow after work. I had originally planed on just BellTech 6400 shackles, but I guess I am going to have to throw in a 2" block till I can afford new springs. I don't think 2" in the rear will be near enough.

Last edited:

94STXRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 302
MAN if i didnt know better id say you posted the pics of my brakcets for me! Looking good man! Hope you didnt pinch your finger in your springs like i did. What are the lengths of the new coils, i still have specs laying around for the springs i got and what size they equal out to.

94STXRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 302
o and hope that list of nuts and bolts was close for ya

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
I didn't measure the springs. You say they look like your lift, it really does. I got the extended radius arms with that lift you bought, but I kept them (and the Superunner steering that was with it also, it went on the Ranger).

I went to the hardware store and bought 15 sets of 7/16"x1-1/4" bolts, and 10 sets of 1/2"x1-1/4" bolts (all grade 8). I used all the 7/16" bolts and only 2 of the 1/2" bolts.

danger88ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
That looks really good, how long did it take you to paint all that stuff?

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
I did it as I went....a few spray can of rust oleum

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
I got the rear up on jack stands waiting for today after work. Going to hopefully have the rear up in the air tonight. Is that spot ok for the jack stands? I can't find any other place on the rear with the rear frame flaring down.

And a few more random shots:

94STXRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 302
Um, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you may, JUST may have a toe issue. Lol man that thing looks good.

bigbadford91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
don't forget the wrench on the inside of the drivers side radius arm!:icon_thumby:

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
I got the add-a-leaf on yesterday (4-8-08). It was easier than I thought; first time ever installing an add-a-leaf. The back still gets the BellTech 6400 shackle, but i will probably do that after the alignment.

I also cleaned up the rear inner fender well and painted it black. It looks a ton better.

Before:

After:

Here is the truck with the tires on it and the add-a-leaf done. I measured the front and the fender opening now is setting at 40"

Here is my buddies '89 Bronco II 2wd. We are going to convert it to 4wd before the end of the summer. He is buying my Dana 28 when I get a Dana 35. Since he don't wheel, a Dana 28 is all he needs.

Destroyer000

January 2009 STOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
haha i like that last pic.. whats better than seeing a cherry bomb glass pack lol.. what kinda paint are you using? it seems to cover up Very well..

mjonesjr

Firefighter
Reaction score
yea I blew out his current muffler. He put the distributor rotor button on about 60* off which put it out of time. I was cranking and cranking trying to figure out why it wouldn't start, so it back fired blowing out the muffler.