•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

An amazing discovery....

whocares

Reaction score
Can u post pics of how you did it. Just curious, I've got some old struts laying around. Might do it this weekend.

I'll take and post some pics here in a little while. I'll try to explain it the best I can in the meantime.

I replaced my old hatch with one that has the flip up glass, so I took the strut mounts off of the old hatch. Put one mount on the underside of the hood and made an 'L" bracket for the other end to mount off the inner fender.

Had to notch the underside of the hood support to get it to clear. I just used one of my old struts that was too weak to hold up the hatch. I could have made it look better, and will on the new hood.

This hood is pretty rusted out along the front edge, so I didnt worry about making the cut look good.

I'll have some pics up a little later for those interested. If you're really lucky, I might post some pics of my newly discovered tilt wheel.

whocares

Reaction score
Can u post pics of how you did it. Just curious, I've got some old struts laying around. Might do it this weekend.
First pic, bottom bracket, drivers side.

Second pic, top bracket, drivers side.

Third pic, whole assembly.

Front view

Bonus pic of the half doors I'm making...well one of them so far.

whocares

Reaction score
No problem, sorry about the poor pic quality. I just used a free camera I got from Marlboro to take them. First time I have used it and this is also the last time.

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
i was thinking about the doors like that on the trail rig, that way it has the "lip" like a jeep..i actually though to just cut the bottom 3 inches off the door and weld it in place and then make the rest of the door usable for the cold season, which here in MS aint all that cold.

whocares

Reaction score
i was thinking about the doors like that on the trail rig, that way it has the "lip" like a jeep..i actually though to just cut the bottom 3 inches off the door and weld it in place and then make the rest of the door usable for the cold season, which here in MS aint all that cold.
I had an extra set that came with the BII when I bought it so I thought what the hell. Havent driven it on the street with them yet, but should be nice in the summer since I dont have A/C....then again it may suck and I end up throwing them away lol.

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
I had an extra set that came with the BII when I bought it so I thought what the hell. Havent driven it on the street with them yet, but should be nice in the summer since I dont have A/C....then again it may suck and I end up throwing them away lol.
well someone has to be labrat lol...

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
That's hilarious. I love it.

But don't feel bad: it took my like four years of driving to figure out that the little switch on the rearview mirror was for when driving at night and people are behind you....that was an amazing discovery!
I drove around for 8 years with my mirror bouncing all over thinking it was worn out, I went to replace and found the setscrew had fallen out sometime (it had to have been before I got it)

whocares

Reaction score
I drove around for 8 years with my mirror bouncing all over thinking it was worn out, I went to replace and found the setscrew had fallen out sometime (it had to have been before I got it)

lol, I feel your pain.

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
I just got out the little piece of the lever that was broken off in there. Looks like the lever just screws in. I can make something work but I think I would rather have the actual lever. Right now I can tilt it with a screwdriver. I love my new tilt steering column.
Go to stylingconcepts or cruizin concepts.com they sell the billet replacement parts and they might have a piece that will fit your b2, I dont know if the mustang cruise lever will fit, but it might be close enough to make work.