•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Bronco II removable doors

zachv91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I decided that I wanted to remove my doors and put quick release pins so I can get almost a Wrangler type set up more or less. I did some research on it and just couldn't really find much. So I'm posting this so maybe the next guy doesn't have to look so hard. The biggest worry for me was the door power wiring harness. I'd prefer to just have no power at all but I just don't feel like dropping the cash for new doors. The wires run from the door all the way under the front fender to right behind the head lights. Its connected with a simple harness. Just undo this and you will be good to go. There should be some clips running along the wire underneath the fender securing it to the body of the truck, but this wasn't so in my case. I simply pulled the wires right out. Way too easy. But if you do run in to some clips, honestly a solid tug will most likely break the crappy plastic clips and it will come right out. From there I just cut the factory door hinges and replaced them with a quick release pin so its just a matter of seconds to remove my doors and put them back on. I way over estimated this job. It was super easy and I'm very happy with it. So hopefully this helps somebody who was thinking just a little to much just like I was.

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
Thanks for posting your experience. Did [or could] you take any pics?

Richard

Shran

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
I did essentially the same thing, minus the wiring part (I have manual windows/locks.)

Actually I have two sets of doors, one complete set with windows, door panels, etc. And a second set that I cut in half and notched to use as trail doors.

I did the same quick pin thing you did, just with long shouldered 3/8 bolts that I cut to length. Had to drill out the hinge bushings to 3/8 as well. Works pretty well.

Only issue I have is that the pins are a bitch to get out. Neither set of doors is aligned perfectly and so they all have small issues latching completely but I gave up after about 4 hours of messing with hinges.

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
If you want to have manual windows, you don't need to replace the entire door, just the window regulator.