•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Bronco II transfer case swap

BishNasty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Im in the process of gathering everything I need to do the electric to manual tcase swap. The transfer case is a BW1350. I have the linkage, transfer case and the driveshaft already.

What I'm lookin for is the two bolts that bolt the linkage to the transmission and the wiring harness for the tcase itself?

Any ideas on where the could be found other than my local junk yard would be great.

Mudhound

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Eaastern Ky- out in the woods ( literally)
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
173 and 331 CI
Is you 1350 an E shift, or what? You ask about the bolts for the shifter but you also ask about wiring. Is the wiring just for the dash lights, or...? You might try any place that buys scrap trannies for the bolts, as I have found them and the linkages, still on the tranny at times.

BishNasty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Yes the 1350, I have the electric and I'm looking to swap to the manual. So do I need the manual tcase wiring for it to work? Or could I just throw it in without the wiring?

I'll go check a few trannys for the bolts.

Thanks for the help

snoranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
All 10 are Ford
Engine Size
4.0,5.0,4BT,4.0
Dont let the wiring hold you up, all thats for is to turn on the 4x4 and 4low lights on the dash. You can throw it in whenever you find it.

4x4junkie

Mall-Rated
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Junkyard or a dealer are likely your only options for the large special bolt that the shift lever itself pivots on on the side of the trans (I had to make one once by cutting a stock 14mm leaf spring bolt in half, rewelding it shorter, and then use a short piece of ¾" tubing over it as a spacer for the lever to ride on).

The smaller bolt is a more-ordinary M10-1.5 bolt if I recall correct (easy to match something up to it in any case).

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
What little wiring you need should already be present. The only wires going to the manual transfer case are for the range sensor and are shared with the electric setup.

Once you put the bulbs in the info center in the cluster they should work, as best I can figure by looking at the wiring diagrams. Mine don't work at the moment in my swapped B2, but I also know the history of the donated t-case, and the switch would work when it wanted to so I suspect the switch rather than any wiring issues right now. Haven't had time to swap out the range switch for the good one I have, 4x4 isn't super important to me this time of year.