•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Dana 35 TTB or Dana 30 Solid

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
with all these things said, i have the d35 ready to build.. does anyone know if the the new jk springs work? i have about a 4.5 inch lift overall, does anyone know what lift springs are needed other than the cherokee?

4x4junkie

Mall-Rated
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
I'd have to look into the JK springs to know anything on them, though I don't think 4-door JK springs would be too much different than Cherokee springs.
ZJ springs might be another option to look at too.

I got a hair over 5" lift out of my Skyjacker 6" XJ springs. Might work if you're using 4" brackets (could always cut half of a winding off too if needed. Shouldn't stiffen it up noticeably).

Roger

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
From some of my other Jeep buddies, the JK springs can be a bit stiffer than XJ springs. But, I THINK (I could be wrong), the ends are differently sized than could be used for XJs.

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
i know a guy that has a set of jk springs but they wont be the height i need anyways.. so that won't matter. so i gotta find some xj springs and the rubber that goes underneath. i think that's in one of the links i was gave before. man, i love this website

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Yes it will, all RBV D-35s are the same (except for gearing).
Not quite.

OP:
Watch out for the Hybrid D35. You DONT want one of these. It will have smooth pumpkin, rather than a ribbed one. If you find a D35 with a smooth pumpkin, steer clear. :icon_thumby: (they only came in Rangers)

If you find a D35 from an Explorer, you're safe.

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
i hate a thief.. someone stole the front lock out hubs off my d35, and it had the aftermarket warn hubs on it. they probably are selling them as aluminum as i type this out. now i gotta come up with money to replace those.. :pissedoff: