•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Ebay light upgrade.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
2.9l FI, 2.9L FI, 2.8L
After many nights of not being able to see $#!t, I started looking for something to make my lights brighter....
I shoped around and the best thing I could find for the price was these headlights, they are glass not plastic and upgrade you to H4s.
They realy make the road easyer to see at night and only cost about $25-$30 bucks for the kit.

Here is a picture of my truck after the headlights, Note I know it dont flex much its mostly bodylift. They are called dimond cut halo lights, the outer ring glows blue but I didnt hook that up as I dont realy care about that kind of stuff.

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I put a set of those in my Ranger, I LOVE them!!!. Best thing I've done for my truck ever. Plus they just look awesome.

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
i just got mine also, how did you aim yours? just wondering cuz i still need to aim mine, and I need to get some night pics and some day pics...

i kinda like the blue reflection, how do you change out the bulbs on those??

don't want to hijack, but where did you get those lower lights? fog lights? also, how are they mounted? my body doesn't have those grooves cut out, did you do that? i drive an 88, 1st gen just like you

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I didn't have to do any aiming, just bolt 'em in and plug 'em up.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
2.9l FI, 2.9L FI, 2.8L
There are two screws, one to the outside and one on top of the bracket, I did have to lift the focus point a bit. side to side was good.

odie1969

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l sohc
don't want to hijack, but where did you get those lower lights? fog lights? also, how are they mounted? my body doesn't have those grooves cut out, did you do that? i drive an 88, 1st gen just like you
He did not cut the groves in the lower valance, when he did a Body lift it raised valance.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
2.9l FI, 2.9L FI, 2.8L
My ranger is running 31x10.50 15 stock wheels,skyjacker 132xs front coils giving it about 2.5" in the front. In the rear I installed 92 explorer springs giving it about 1.5" of lift in the rear, it still needs about an inch or so in the rear to leval out.
On top of that, a 3" proformance acceries body lift, droped steering flange at firewall, welded steering ext.,lifted the rear bumper, and made radiator drop brackets, so it is done right.

The bulds come out like any H4 style light, they are held in by a wire spring.

Odie is right those are from the body being lifted off the frame 3".
I got the lights at a flee market for 10bucks.
They are mounted to the bumper just above the top bolts, I just bent the lip of the bumper up drilled through it and mounted them that way. This is TEMP. In a month or so I will have the money to build a nice winch bumper for the front. But we will have to wait and see, I am trying to get this PMC reman 2.9l Into my BroncoII, the ranger is my D.D. and I dont like trashing it too much... All I am missing is a high volume oil pump and it will be ready to drop in. (Only reason I am sticking with the 2.9l is I got the reman motor for $200 off craigslist, from a guy that got it at auction thinking it was a 2.8l he had no use for it. Its never been installed.)
Otherwise I have a 5.0l out of an 88 crown vic, with AOD and harness ecu ect... I would put in her.
Hope that awnsers everyones questions.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
2.9l FI, 2.9L FI, 2.8L
I can get you some, easy to make. I rednecked it....LMAO....
Anyway what you do is cut the bottom brackets off the core support, if you are useing a 3", flip the brackets over and switch the left to the right, and right to left.
Weld a peace of plate same width as the brackets to the brackets.
The plate must be bent 90deg.
Drill a hole in the core support on eather side and bolt them up from the bottom.
then use flat plate for the tops and your done.
Ill get you pictures.LOL. => Ill get them tomarrow, its dark and I dont like you that much....LOL joke!

Last edited:

jhammel85

On here ignoring work
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
looks good!:icon_thumby:

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
I have the round versions and they suck at night. High beams are useless, Low beams are the only good light I get.

Almost like mine are flipped up side down or the high and low is mixed up.

Only cool part is the halo. I'll be putting my projectors back on as I've already taken a stone to these and have a hole in one of the lenses.