•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Got the 8.8 installed!!!!!!! PIC HEAVY....

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Supporting Member
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
No harm 4.0B2, I was actually just picking on Allen...as far as the brakelines go, you can either do what Allen did, or you can run the explorer's factory lines, both will fit on a stock RBV, but the way I suggested Allen do his is because when you lift, its more expensive to use the extended explorer block (not to mention hard to fin) VS getting an extended ranger block...I have used both, and if you can flare a brakeline, I'd recommend using the ranger lines method...
SVT

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
my father knows how to flare and all that stuff... i have the explorer as a donor vehicle so i have everything for it.. and i have the 4 inch lift and add a leafs on it. probably all the lift i'll ever have, except changing the drop bracket in the front. i'll look at both and seeing what i can do. i gotta get gears, aussie, and axle put together first.. i'm in need of 4.10's or 4.56's and the money is gone right now, so i'm gonna go pull some used 4.10's for now.

so what's the take on a b2 with no rear sway for dd? it seems like a bad idea..

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Supporting Member
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
so what's the take on a b2 with no rear sway for dd? it seems like a bad idea..
Actually its not that bad at all. The swaybar is designed to limit the side to side movement or sway a vehicle has, but at the cost of limiting flex as well. When your out on the trail, you want as much flex as you can get (within reason) so your tires and stay in contact with the ground for traction...People have used quick disconnects, but there isn't that much of body roll to make a difference, not on the B2 I had anyways :icon_thumby:
SVT

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Cool. I know sway bars limit flex n all that stuff I just never drove mine without a swaybar. Well a rear sway bar. I've drove mine without a front.

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Supporting Member
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
The front I would leave on, especially for on road use, only the rear swaybar can be taken off...Now you can take both off, but you will have a lot of body roll, and can contribute to a rollover if you take a turn fast enough...
SVT

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Front has pins for discos!

B2 Addict

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
but b2addict, did you not do the rear sway bar?
have you had it on the road yet if not? gotta figure out how that's gonna work on my swap being mine is a dd..

No man, I didn't do the rear sway bar. I drive mine on the road all the time, I think it actually feels a little more stable now for some reason...:icon_confused: I already had the Explorer rear leaves installed when I was running the 7.5. I thought it would have more body roll without the sway bar, but it's all good!!! :headbang:

How did you do your front Disco's & does it actually help on the TTB??
Here are a few pics of testing out the 8.8:

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
my front disco are a pin that replaced the bolt that has a carta(sp?) key in it to keep them from coming out. i first had the tractor pins that have the flip over thing to keep them from coming out but the flip piece broke. it helps a lot to disconnect. i aint done any heavy wheeling but i've flexed it once or twice to see the difference. its worth it for sure.

how is your steering, it looks worse than mine? do you have any trouble with alignments or the tires looking like / / when you turn? like you are turning on the sidewall of the tire?

Last edited:

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Supporting Member
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Looking Great man, but uh, you need some mudders, man!! :icon_rofl:
SVT

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Looking Great man, but uh, you need some mudders, man!! :icon_rofl:
SVT
oh yea, you need tires.. but so do i, i have firestone a/t's :yahoo:

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Supporting Member
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Tell you what Allen, find me set of 41's for SVT and I'll work out a deal with you on those 33" MT's that's on him now that you seen...:icon_thumby:
SVT

B2 Addict

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
my front disco are a pin that replaced the bolt that has a carta(sp?) key in it to keep them from coming out. i first had the tractor pins that have the flip over thing to keep them from coming out but the flip piece broke. it helps a lot to disconnect. i aint done any heavy wheeling but i've flexed it once or twice to see the difference. its worth it for sure.

how is your steering, it looks worse than mine? do you have any trouble with alignments or the tires looking like / / when you turn? like you are turning on the sidewall of the tire?
It actually drives awesome! I have never had it aligned. Because of all the stuff I do with it, I would have to get it aligned every other day... My tires turn straight, never had a problem........I'm not exactly sure what would cause yours to be that bad. :icon_confused:

I'm definitely gonna have to give the discos a shot, I am assuming you are talking about clevis pins.....

:icon_cheers:
B2

B2 Addict

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
OK NOW, no need to make me feel any worse than I do about not having mud tires...........:bawling:

I am going nuts trying to raise funds to get me some more, these are actually really good tires & serve their purpose well, but I am used to all mud with big lugs!! I had to sell my brand new 33" Swampers about a year or so ago & I miss them dearly.:sad:

If I can get a certain Dana 35 for the front...(cough cough)...I am thinking of going with 35" Swampers............

By the way SVT, I will look for some 41s but I don't see too many 'round here......

B2

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Those will work!

B2 Addict

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Preesh8 it everybody...:icon_thumby:

Hopefully a 35 will be in the works for the front, then I can get Swampers back on to give 'er the look she so desperately needs!! :headbang:

midtnranger.....we need to hook up & hit some trails sometime...I know some good ones over by Winchester. I need to put a ride together soon & get the T.B. crew to come south, I just feel so inadequate without my mud tires..:bawling:

B2

Boggin

Reaction score
looks great. i got a sploder D35 diff here i was gonna use for one of my projects, if you were closer, we could bolt it up under your rig. and for free as long as you bought the cold ones lol.. road trip!!

midtnranger

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Preesh8 it everybody...:icon_thumby:

Hopefully a 35 will be in the works for the front, then I can get Swampers back on to give 'er the look she so desperately needs!! :headbang:

midtnranger.....we need to hook up & hit some trails sometime...I know some good ones over by Winchester. I need to put a ride together soon & get the T.B. crew to come south, I just feel so inadequate without my mud tires..:bawling:

B2
Sounds good to me! I am going next weekend to test out my ranger.