•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Helga, My 88 B2 Build...

danger88ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4Wheel parts had everything 10% off so I went down to the store today, 34X10.5 LTBs, came to $600 even and that included the no questions asked warranty and shipping for the other 2 tires from seattle which should hit my house on wednesday. The front fenders are gonna take trimming.
Your going to love those tires, best mod i ever did to my truck was my swampers :headbang:

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Thanks

After measuring things yesterday, at full stuff against the bump stops I'll have 1.5" between the top of the tire and fender, it looks like I only need to cut the forward and rear openings on the front fenders, possibly on the rear too but it's hard to say without getting them on.
Just a comparison. FWIW my 31s are 29" and the 34s are a hair over 32"...

Thighman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
not sure why they dont just call them 33s? Cuz that is what they are

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
That dickbag I was getting wheels from totally flaked, fawk people on craigslist with a rusty spoon... I ended up using the wheels from my dads ranger like I was originally going to, it just took a lot more work since he wanted the 5 spoke wheels from one of the sploder parts rigs but he wanted the new tires from another sploder parts rig, so it took a shit ton of mounting and dismounting (like 12 dismounts and 8 mounts), I bought a tire mounter/dismounter from harbor freight for $40, actually worked really well, much better than by hand with pry bars. By the time I finished I didn't have time to trim fenders but I put em on one side to see what they'd look like and then just on the rear for a drive to check out my gearing, which actually isn't too bad, much better than when I had 3.45s and 31s, I hardly noticed much difference and 5th is still usable... The really aren't any noisier than my current tires either but then again I only had the rears on. My measurments turned out to be true, only have to trim the forward and rear openings on the front fenders, rears are close but should be fine.
I'm glad I went with 34s, the 33x13.50s were too wide, the 31x11.5s are just too short and these look just right and the price was right too.

mkpecor

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ranger 4x4
Engine Size
the only swomps that are what size they say are= truxes , iroks , tsl , ssr , boggers. the ltb is 33.6'' so in my book its a 34''.

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Fender trimmage. Just like I thought, only had to trim the forward and rear openings on the front, the rears have like 1/2" of clearence on either side of the tires when stuffed. They don't even hit the radius arms at full lock on the front :D . I want to extend the bumper a bit to fill in the spot where I cut.

Loanranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/
Vehicle
Ford/
Fordzuki
Engine Size
2.9/2.3
the only swomps that are what size they say are= truxes , iroks , tsl , ssr , boggers. the ltb is 33.6'' so in my book its a 34''.
33 boggers are only 31.5, and thats at 50 psi, run them at 10-15, and you're looking at around 30-30.5 inches. :icon_confused:

The 34s with 5 pounds only measure in at 31.5, but they are a damn good tire. Nice and soft compound, and reach out and grab anything available.

Loanranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/
Vehicle
Ford/
Fordzuki
Engine Size
2.9/2.3
Fender trimmage. Just like I thought, only had to trim the forward and rear openings on the front, the rears have like 1/2" of clearence on either side of the tires when stuffed. They don't even hit the radius arms at full lock on the front :D . I want to extend the bumper a bit to fill in the spot where I cut.

You may want to trim a little bit more from the rear if you only have a half inch, they'll expand when you spin them, and if you're at full stuff spinning, they'll gouge pretty easy. I did this with one of the rear swampers on my ranger.

danger88ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
The tires will most likely rub on the bottom 1 1/2 inches of the fender. I know i had the same problem with mine, how wide are you rims?

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
The tires will most likely rub on the bottom 1 1/2 inches of the fender. I know i had the same problem with mine, how wide are you rims?
Where will they rub now?? I've flexed it out and no rub anywhere. They're 7" rims.

Thanks for the tip Loanranger, I don't really see myself spinning them at full stuff but I'll keep it in mind!

Loanranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/
Vehicle
Ford/
Fordzuki
Engine Size
2.9/2.3
Where will they rub now?? I've flexed it out and no rub anywhere. They're 7" rims.

Thanks for the tip Loanranger, I don't really see myself spinning them at full stuff but I'll keep it in mind!
No problem man, I know how it feels to lay down cash on some tires, and then gouge them up. It sucks. :pissedoff: Those look really good on your rig, and I'm sure you'll love the traction. I've got the same tires on Fordzuki, and ran them at 3-5 pounds for the first few trips out, then once the sidewalls started flexing, I ran them up to 10 pounds. 10 lbs seems to be about the right pressure to keep your diff clearance, but still let the tires wrap around rocks and stuff. This is on a 1500 lb rig though, so you might want to go for 12 or a little more once the sidewalls break in.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
No problem man, I know how it feels to lay down cash on some tires, and then gouge them up. It sucks. :pissedoff: Those look really good on your rig, and I'm sure you'll love the traction. I've got the same tires on Fordzuki, and ran them at 3-5 pounds for the first few trips out, then once the sidewalls started flexing, I ran them up to 10 pounds. 10 lbs seems to be about the right pressure to keep your diff clearance, but still let the tires wrap around rocks and stuff. This is on a 1500 lb rig though, so you might want to go for 12 or a little more once the sidewalls break in.

Hell, with my 33" procomp, Sombody let all the air out of them at my school (don't you hate punks?...) and there was maybe 2 psi in them and it hardly looked like they were low... I'm not joking either. I didn't notice it untill I got home (only a mile from school to my house at 25mph)

I need onboard air, it would be so nice to air down the tires and or fill a flat etc. Sounds like a summer project!

danger88ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size

My bad, i didn't take into consideration you had 7" rims, the 2.9 still have power?

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
the 2.9 still have power?
Nah, it's a pig with the 34s.
I bought a Lincoln MIG welder last week. I'm reworking my front bumper to accept my Warn winch. I also plan on sliders too.

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Got my winch mounted up. Needs more welds on the back side but I ran outta wire. I also added large mounting plates that bolt to the side of the frame rails instead of the wimpy tabs that bolt in the stock location.

My welder.

Last edited:

Loanranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/
Vehicle
Ford/
Fordzuki
Engine Size
2.9/2.3
Looks good. :icon_thumby: I'm thinking I'll probably do something like that to the sides of my dads sometime soon. Just built the winch cradle for now, but I've always liked that style of bumper.

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
looks good,how much did the front squat?

Hahnsb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Vehicle
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
I don't think it really made it squat hardly at all, I'd guess the winch weighs less than 70LBs, but man the winch combined with the bumper is one heavy SOB to lift in place. My camber was a hair positive, if anything it helped with that.