•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

New headlights...they shoulda come this way!

59bisquik

April 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
After a bit of work and some bezels from a BroncoII.org member... Im in the exclusive round headlight club :icon_thumby:

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L

Sunk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Easily my favorite mod for a BII.

LameDuck

Reaction score
Nice.

Where do you guys get the parts to convert. And where can I find a gill like that. I have looked all over the scrap yards here and they all have the square light openings.

unoleisu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I like that mod as well...and would also like details about doing it. Also, what are the benifits of this mod? Besides a nice look, I mean?

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
i think the look is about it. they cant be any brighter than the factory b2 lights

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
Nice.

Where do you guys get the parts to convert. And where can I find a gill like that. I have looked all over the scrap yards here and they all have the square light openings.
Custom made.

I think I heard rumblings back when Copycat was first doing this he used grille parts out of an old Ford van spliced into his grille??

59bisquik

April 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Yup...custom grill. :icon_thumby: In my area, its pretty rare to see a non-stock Bronco II. So besides the other mods, this was just another way to set it apart from the rest.

I cut up a stock grill and glued in handmade fiberglass bezels made by Copykat! :icon_thumby:

The buckets are out of an old Dodge D100. Any old Ford lights could be used also, but these were easier to mount.

As for the lights, they are no brighter than stock and are horrible for night driving. Especially if you are used to lights on new cars. I will be upgrading to Hella or Roundeyes lights shortly. I am thinking of the Roundeyes 55w/100w headlights.

Before this, I ran clear lens ebay lights and they turned yellow over a few years. It was not safe to drive at night unless I turned on the other lights. The 8" Hellas are WAY too bright for road use.

Last edited:

azbronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
lookin good be meanig to ask you how you like the mtrs? I am buying tires soon and was looking at Irocs but thinking I need something radial

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
i like the old school look, but i'm not an overall fan of the look.... idk, it just dont flow right IMO. call me weird if you wanna.. but i like my rectangle headlights

and yes, i just showed you a pic of LMC regular headlights for a b2 lol

59bisquik

April 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
AZ, I love the MTR's. I have run the BFG AT and Mud previously and the MTR's are hands down better in every category. My only complaint with them would be is that they dont make them any bigger than a 35 in a 15" wheel. For 37's and up, you gotta switch to 17's. But then again, BFG has done the same thing. Also, you can get the IROK in a radial.

4.0, To each, his own. I personally like the look and the way it seperates it from the crowd. However, life would be boring if we all liked the same things! :icon_thumby: FWIW, I ran similar lights to yours before converting over. They turned yellow after a couple of years and it wasnt even safe to drive at night. The sun and heat out here are really hard on plastics and such.

Last edited: