•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Project "Mrs B2"

B2 Addict

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Yep, I am now a happily married man!!! With that being said, it was decided that we should pick up a B2 for her & get it ready to TRY to hang with mine.

We picked up this '85 B2 for $250

Plenty more pics to come as soon as I figure out how to make them smaller, all the other ones I tried to post came out super sized....:icon_confused:

dangerranger83

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Sweet, another 2.8 liter rbv lives. So I have to ask, what plans do you have for it?

B2 Addict

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Pretty nice interior...

Didn't care much for the P.O.'s camo paint job.......added wheels & tires from r1hatman :)icon_thumby:) & started sandin'

Opening rear glass!!! Mrs B2 watches the expert at work!

Time for the Krylon camo green......

INTRODUCING......Mr & Mrs B2!!!! :sexe:

Next on the list.....tear into the 2.8, it does run but smokes like a chimney......:shok: ( update: Damn thing had almost 8 quarts of oil in it from P.O. :shok: Put it at correct level & no more smoke!!!! :headbang:

More to come!!!! :icon_cheers:

Last edited:

country0001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
I want an opening back glass so bad. Nice find

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
looking good man, long time no see!

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Congrats Allen on gettin' hitched :icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

when she came wheelin with ya i knew she was a keeper.....:D

nice start on the BII, love the OD Green....

can't wait til you can come wheel with us again....

l8r, John

midtnranger

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Nice looking B2.

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Cool!

If it's smoking, it's the valve seals. Easy fix. (Or you can just put in a 4.0 :icon_thumby:)

Good luck!

B2 Addict

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I want an opening back glass so bad. Nice find
country.........What a difference the opening back glass makes!! What's cool is if you take the struts that hold it open completely off & leave 'em off, all you have is 2 nuts to remove to take the glass out....easy off, easy on!! :headbang: Good luck on your search, I have one on my 84 as well as the 85!!!! :icon_bounceblue:

slo-vo........Preesh8 it bro! Haven't been on here as much recently but I'm still around....:icon_thumby:

railman........Thank you very much man, I think the world of her & Love her very much!! :blush: I can't wait to get her B2 where it needs to be! I want to go wheelin' with ya'll badly, I am having MAJOR withdrawals looking at my B2 sitting in the driveway...:bawling: As soon as I get that 8.8, LOOKOUT!!!!! :headbang:

midtn.......Thanks bro! Anxious to get 'er on the road!
I just noticed you are in Smyrna, we need to hook up sometime. I have an awesome place to go wheelin' in Winchester! Next time I can make a trip to Turkey Bay with the T.B. crew, maybe you could follow me up, it kicks azz!!

Last edited:

jhammel85

On here ignoring work
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Nice!

Like BlackBII, I agree that it sounds like the valve seals.

B2 Addict

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Cool!

If it's smoking, it's the valve seals. Easy fix. (Or you can just put in a 4.0 :icon_thumby:)

Good luck!
I am hoping it is just the valve seals but I really need to take a look at the internals. As it sits, the valve covers are reversed (oil fill valve cover is on the passenger side...:icon_confused:) & the dipstick is showing app. 2 quarts above full....:shok: The oil pan drain plug is located on the driver side, which I have never seen...:dntknw: Not to mention it is completely rounded off & it is on there so tight I haven't been able to budge it...:annoyed:

No 4.0 for me bro, 2.8 all the way!! :headbang:

:icon_cheers:

Last edited:

country0001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
I'm actually thing bout cutting my hatch in Half and installin a tailgate for a split hatch.

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
the dipstick is showing app. 2 quarts above full....:shok:
i bet if ya drained the extra oil out it would quit smoking.....

someone i know overfilled his engine and it did this, we drained it and got it to the correct level and it was fine....

remember we still owe you a wheelin trip down in your neck of the woods, just let me know when and ya know i be there :icon_thumby:

l8r, John

wookie13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5.4 TRITON V-8
Congrats on the wife!! I will be married myself a week from this Sat!! Mine goes wheelin w/ me too excpt she wants a jeep:thefinger: I'm gonna convince her to get an older B2 or Exploder!!!

sohc86-06

April 2011 STOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986 2wd ranger
Vehicle
ford ranger spo
congrats on getting married an nice b2 for the miss man

B2 Addict

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
i bet if ya drained the extra oil out it would quit smoking.....

someone i know overfilled his engine and it did this, we drained it and got it to the correct level and it was fine....

remember we still owe you a wheelin trip down in your neck of the woods, just let me know when and ya know i be there :icon_thumby:

l8r, John

That was my 1st thought when I checked the dipstick....What kind of moron put that much oil in there & why?..:icon_confused: I tried like hell on Sunday to drain & change the oil with no success. The drain plug has been rounded off at some point & I don't have the means to get it off. I just don't have a big collection of tools...:annoyed:

I did manage to get on it with a medium sized pipe wrench, but with it being on the driver side, I had zero room to turn it. If it were on the passenger side like every other 2.8 I have seen, I would have plenty of room..:dntknw:

Gonna have to drag it to pops shop & start workin' on it where I can use a lift & have access to all the tools I need...:icon_bounceblue:

Yep, ya'll still owe me a mntn ride down here, but it doesn't matter where we go, just as long as I CAN go.. I am going stir crazy not being able to drive my B2 & don't want to put any money in the 7.5, I'm still patiently waiting on that 8.8!! :c-n:

B2

B2 Addict

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Preesh8 it sohc!! :beer:

wookie, I wish you much luck on your marriage!! She definitely needs a B2!!!! :headbang: If she absolutely HAS to have a Jeep, make sure it is a real Jeep, not one of them Chrysler products they call Jeeps! :icon_thumby:

B2 Addict

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Well, finally got a little time with 'er today.......Oil is now at correct level (instead of 2 quarts high) & it still smokes like a train.....oh well. Thinkin' 'bout rebuilding the 2.8 I have on my dads shop floor & dropping it in, always nice to have a fresh 2.8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can keep the one that is in it now for a spare....

B2

B2 Addict

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Had to flush the cooling system the other day & get 'er ready for the winter, I found out why it was still smokin'.......3 plug wires were off. I couldn't figure out why until I put them back on only to see them pop off as the engine warmed up. gotta replace 'em....

So...good news, with the correct amount of oil in it & all the plug wires on, it runs good & doesn't smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_bounceblue:

Got a few more things to look into, then hopefully she will be rollin'

B2