•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

quandry

ab_slack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Now I am in a quandary, I been getting ready to make a thread for my BII on TRS and TRS is where I go, but should I do here now?

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Article Contributor
Reaction score
You should make it here.

I know it seems odd having the forum split, and people aren't quite sure what to think.

TRS links the B2 forum discussions here, so other B2/Ranger owners will find your posts. The more they see that others are using the forum, the more likely they are to keep checking it. Once people get use to posting B2 content here, the easier it will be to sort and find what you're looking for.

The BroncoII/Explorer forum was pretty active on TRS. Enough that that you can see that the B2 deserves it's own dedicated forum.

I know sometimes people are apprehensive on change, but I've been putting a lot of work in to this because I know it can be something great.

superds

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84 90 2013
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8/2.9/5.0
I feel similar to ab_slack on this issue.

My impromptu, unscientific, random study is indicating TRS gets 10-100 times the traffic B2C is currently getting (I realize it's still in its infancy and will increase with time) based on the number of current users shown at the bottom of the forum main page viewed at multiple times over the course of several days. What this means to me is that if I post a question here it gets a tenth of the exposure to experts who could potentially answer my question. Even when B2C takes off and is more popular I still need to rely on the experts at TRS to be active on two forums to get my questions answered if I post them solely on B2C because they are BII questions.

Having two separate forums inhibits the leverage provided by having a base of users that know about Rangers but can answer Bronco II questions and vice versa.

But, if Jim thinks this is the right thing, I am willing to try it.

Spede Demn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'85
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Seems a little odd... but TRS doesnt cover all my Fords anyway so I'll likely visit both, I got into B2s because I had Rangers for 20+ years, now I just have the B2, an F150, and a full size Bronco, I visit a few Ford sites... one more isnt gonna make much diff to me, I hope it works out.

country0001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
I bounce around a lot too. I have a B2, ranger and a few f150's. I was fine with the B2 section on TRS. Since most of the tech is interchangable

country0001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Plus we all lost our post count, rep and itrader rep